Coordinator of ICT & Facilities Unit
Jobs at:Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
25 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main objectives of the role
Under the supervision of the Finance & Facilities Director, he/she will supervise and manage the Facilities and service desk teams.
• The Coordinator will manage and coordinate the support functions of the office infrastructure and processes, assure technology and communication platforms that are robust, fully supported, secure and available.
• The coordinator will ensure MSF provides adequate technical capacity and support from the facilities and Service unit/area.
• They will mainstream MSF Data Protection capabilities and security posture consistent with the Data Protection principles.
• The ideal candidate will bring exceptional technical, organizational and project management skills to support the vision of MSF, and the department goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and deliver MSF ICT & Facility strategy and services, particularly around technical knowledge management, innovation, and collaboration to support MSF teams and objectives.
• Identifies, develops, and implements technology strategies, frameworks, plans and improvements which deliver measurable benefits
• Formulates and directs ICT & facilities strategies, policies, plans and budget.
• Incorporates current industry trends across MSF and other INGOs and the broader technology industry promoting network collaboration on ICT trends and solutions
• Provides a broad range of technical expertise and capabilities
• Manages the ICT & Facilities team to deliver consistent, robust, and cost-effective services
• Ensure utilization of available resources to incorporate value for money principles into ICT & facilities operations.
• Develops, provides, and manages the operation of ICT infrastructure for Programs
• Directs the running of MSF facilities and creates a safe and efficient work environment that improves business performance and optimizes staff productivity.
• Ensures that the supply chain is efficient and effective throughout their organization.
• Establishes the necessary change management processes in close collaboration with key stakeholders and department managers, and ensures their effective implementation, in adapting existing applications and technology and the implementation of new infrastructure, applications, or technology.
• Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of MSF information systems and assets
• Develops and establishes technology standards, policies and governance for ICT services including ensuring services are adequately protected and there are adequate disaster mitigation strategies are in place
• Manages/ensures a proper management of key / strategic technology vendors for the software and hardware procured.
• Ensures the appropriate risk assessments and made when introducing new technologies in MSF, proposing mitigation strategies as necessary.
• Enforces written policies and standards/procedures regarding all ICT systems and infrastructure throughout MSF.
• Develops and manages technology partnerships associated with delivering on the ICT strategy.
• Builds the capability of MSF IT staff and IT users utilizing an appropriate combination of internal and external training and knowledge management processes.
• Works with ICT departments throughout MSF to identify and implement global solutions which deliver clear benefits to MSF and to MSF globally.
• Ensures policies and safety procedures are developed and implemented minimizing hazards.
• Engages with vendors and contractors
• Oversees facilities budgets and expenditure monitoring.
• Forecasts space needs and ensures that facilities capacity is adequate and properly utilized.
• Oversees remodeling and refurbishment initiatives.
• Supports on major projects such as office move relocation, construction & infrastructure developments.
• Manages the procurement function for the office and provides technical support & solutions for the teams.
• Supervises the movement, distribution, and storage of supplies and materials in a company.
• Negotiates lease agreements for MSF premises.
• Provides oversight and direction to MSF Eastern Africa section in scaling their internal data protection capability and determining strategic priorities and urgent needs.
• Engages in targeted capacity building to upskill the Data protection Team to implement Data Protection strategies and initiatives
• Provides feedback on improvement of the Data Protection strategy, framework, and RoadMap
• Updates and advises the management on the relevant Data Protection implementations and developments
• Supports, shadows, and grows the Data Protection Team
Team management and Supervision
• Manage & supervise the IT Manager, and the facilities, service & procurement team.
• Provide direction to the team and participate in planning functions for contribution towards strategic direction of the department/Unit.
• Support with identification of resources/staff and various capacities that can be part of the local/regional or global network & support structure.
• S/he actively seeks and implements ways to deliver and use information, collaboration, and communication technologies to reduce the environmental footprint of MSF.
• S/he represents MSF at ICT & Facility related meetings, platforms and events including, where appropriate, external events.
• S/he advises management on current and future ICT trends.
• S/he support office security management and provides technical support for the Critical incident management team where required.
• S/he performs any other work as may be assigned by the Finance/Facilities director
Qualifications & competencies required
• University or Technical school degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
• Extensive experience in management of team, Project management and planning.
• Proven experience in running a Technical/IT department, project or unit within a multi-location Organization.
• Experience in a broad range of technological solutions and the ability to analyze new and existing tools to propose more efficient, effective, and environmentally sound ways of working.
• Experience in the NGO sector is a plus.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Good experience in strategy development, implementation and change management.
• Credibility and the ability to establish confidence and respect – both internally and externally demonstrated through superior communications skills, especially when explaining complex technical details to non-technical staff.
• Relationship building & management.
• Financial acumen.
• Proven leadership and management skills including the ability to develop staff.
• Experience in partner selection, management, and contract negotiation.
• Ability to find innovative ways of solving problems and creating solutions for staff through an appropriate use of technology
• Proficient English speaker.
Application deadline: 25th December 2022
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.