Core Banking Systems Manager- Vision Fund International
Jobs at:World vision
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Core Banking Systems (CBS) Manager is dedicated to planning, administering and supporting Vision Fund’s Core Banking Systems across the VFI network. He/she ensures MFI adoption of and compliance with VFI standards in information technology, as well as be able to manage related IT Risks. He/she plays a role as a business and system analyst on core systems through gathering business requirements, change initiatives of systems, related business process improvements, and system release management. Lead and support system implementations and/or upgrades, and requisite customizations system and software related support request.
• Responsible for the ownership, accountability and delivery of key CBS projects. Support MFIs with system upgrades and implementations, to ensure that the MFI has resourced the project correctly, that appropriate contracts are in place with vendors, and that the various phases of the project are designed correctly and executed to plan.
• Support MFIs in making decisions on the selection and deployment of CBS. VFI has identified global strategic platforms and standards, The MFI is responsible for local implementations and the CBS manager is responsible for overall strategic alignments with VFI standards and initiatives.
• Will work with MFIs in designing how their systems can help improve their business processes and controls. The CBS manager ensures the design is sound in functional verticals (credit, savings, insurance, mobile), addresses cross functional interdependencies and adhere to VFI strategic goals
• Oversee related projects at country level on the gathering of functional specification for the MFI, in line with VF standards. Evaluation, clarification and correction of standards to reflect VF global strategy and to ensure continued industry leading best practices. Finding a balance between enforcing current standards and developing those based on lessons learned.
• Propose, develop and implement plans for centralization and shared services in terms of connectivity, hardware and support, plus supporting other operational shared functions, for Core Banking Systems (VF strategic platforms).
Key Requirements and Qualifications
• 10+ years of IT and project management experience working to recognized PM methodologies
• Educated to Degree level in Information Technology or related discipline
• Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2 or related project management qualification/certification
• Experience of leading a number of successful microfinance/banking systems implementations, ideally in developing countries
• Understanding of microfinance/retail banking operations, from a credit, financial, risk and systems perspective
• Spanish or French-speaking would be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.