Corporate Credit Analyst
Jobs at:Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Corporate Credit Analyst
The ideal candidate is one who has been a top performer with a proven track record of accomplishments in previous roles, who will be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment. The candidate’s work history should demonstrate ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, dealing with complex & ambiguous financial situations.
Reporting to the Head – Corporate Credit Risk Analysis Department, the role-holder will receive proposals from business units, analyze the proposals and recommend as appropriate for credit decisions. The role will also entail analyzing Banks and financial institutions with whom the bank has dealing lines, Special Projects and Co-operatives. The role holder will also be responsible for monitoring portfolio for any signs of stress and initiate corrective measures.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
• Receive and analyze credit proposals from business units and make a decision, thereafter advice the business unit of the decisions same day.
• Recommend appropriate credit decisions to Credit approvers for final decision.
• Escalate unusual issues or issues raising concern to the Head – Corporate Credit Risk Analysis Department.
• Keep up to date records of all cases received, analyzed and decisions by prompt update of tracker.
• Keep abreast with economic, industry and business trends to facilitate quality analysis of credit applications.
• Document issues identified as causes of weak appraisals from business units – both policy and procedure.
• Train business units credit staff on credit analysis procedures
• Ensure all lending proposals are within the bank’s credit policy & lending guidelines and escalate any exceptions
• Ensure any policy breaches are properly authorized at the correct level.
• Monitoring assigned portfolio for any signs of stress and initiate corrective measures.
• Highlight to Head – Corporate Credit Analysis Department any necessary changes to the Bank’s credit policy and procedures.
• Provide timely and clear responses to the various business units as per the agreed SLAs.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and contributing to training programs, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional structures & studies.
• Strict adherence to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations with regard to Compliance requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:-
• A university degree in a Business-Related field from a recognized university with at least 3 years banking experience in a credit related function.
• A thorough knowledge of the Bank’s credit policy and lending guidelines with good understanding of related products and services Plus Credit & Financial analytical skills.
• Ability to identify, analyze, condense and articulate complicated ideas and findings briefly and clearly.
• A good knowledge of business trends and the business environment.
• A general awareness of the Bank’s vision and focus especially in relation to Business Development & management of risks.
Job expires on 28th February, 2023.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.