Cost and Progress Manager
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cost and Progress Manager
Performs proactive cost management in managing project cost baselines, cost controls, subcon/supplier’s relations in relation to PO/Invoices, compliance, processes, procedures, cost savings initiatives, management interaction, estimation, analysis, and reporting.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• Develops and implements appropriate Nokia Project Management methodology, processes, tools, improvement, and efficiency programs to ensure all customer / internal projects are delivered according to contractual obligations, within forecasted costs, time and required quality based on adequate mode of operation.
• Ensures governance practices are in line with adequate Nokia project management (PM) and according to BG specificities to ensure visibility of operational KPIs and performance / efficiency.
• Supports Customer Delivery Managers (CDM) and their teams during pre-sales and delivery phases by implementing adequate practices.
• Ensures the availability and application of proper tools in customer / internal projects including availability of needed training and support in use phase.
• Drives continuous appropriate Nokia project management processes and tools improvement by collecting requirements including applicable loop back to global process / tool owner.
• Ensures availability of project / program executive level information to CDM and their teams and appropriate geographical organization by establishing / using reporting solutions.
• Creates and implements proactive cost management practice supported by engagement into operational reviews, action planning and follow-up.
• Supports / coordinates resource demand activities inside customer team, ensuring proper forecast and information availability.
• Develops PM capability management with appropriate external and internal certification portfolio.
• Supports PM community in capability and competence management activities including planning and implementation of PM capability framework.
• Coordinates PM competence development and certification program in respective BG / market.
• Drives PM knowledge management and best practice / lessons learned sharing within PM community.
• Develops and manages PMO communication and communities across global and market organizations.
• May act in Cost and Progress Management assignment: Performs supporting role in proactive progress and cost control for services in customer contract(s) for a large and / or more complex project with moderate / low risk.
• Supports Customer Project Management in end-to-end cost management including monitoring, reporting, analyzing, and managing the project execution progress against time, milestones, cost-related performance indicators and invoicing schedule agreed in the customer contract.
• Supports Customer Project Manager in project closing to ensure financial closure of the project.
• The term “customer project” refers generally to all forms of Nokia customer contracts, projects with a definitive start and end, and programs as collections of projects managed together for business benefits which may contain an ongoing operations business.
Your skills and experience
• Relevant experience in Project Management / Commercial Management / Finance & Control. Achieved advanced skills and knowledge within a specific professional discipline involving the integration of theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents. Typically requires 4-6 years relevant experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree.
• This is expected to be a JG09 position or above. Job levelling is under review, and the final job grade is expected to be confirmed as per the selection.
• Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.