County Budget Coordinator
Jobs at:Office of the Controller of Budget
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
County Budget Coordinator
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
• Providing technical support to the Parliamentary and County Assembly Committees on matters raised in the COB’s reports;
• Verifying, preparing, and processing supporting documentation for withdrawals requests for approval by the controller of budget;
• Preparing quarterly, annual and special reports on budget implementation for both the County Executive and County Assemblies.
• Preparing budget implementation reports for the County Governments in accordance with Article 228 (6) of the Constitution; Promoting Prudent Utilization of Public Funds
• Carrying out investigations and preparing reports emanating from County Governments on any matters that have come to the attention of the Controller of Budget in accordance with Article 252(1)(a);
• Reviewing County Fiscal Strategy Paper and making recommendations;
• Reviewing draft budget estimates and making recommendations;
• Reviewing budget planning documents and making recommendations;
• Maintaining and updating implementations of resolutions matrices derived from OCOB national government reports;
• Implementing and reviewing strategies, frameworks, work plans, legislation, policies, guidelines, procedures, and regulations for the OCOB;
• Analyzing data for the development, implementation, and review of policies, procedures, and regulations on budget implementation, national government;
• Conducting regular training to key staff on budget implementation and exchequer processes as specified by OCOB;
• Reconciling the Exchequer Control Ledgers to Appropriation Acts and preparing monthly reports on withdrawals from the County Revenue Fund. Monitor and analyze revenue performance by the County Governments and prepare monthly reports;
• Undertaking variance analysis on regular basis on the withdrawal from County Revenue Fund and Approved Budget and Actual Expenditure and preparing reports and advising on mitigation measures;
• Undertaking monthly reviews of the cash book and vote books reports of the County Government;
• Preparing and updating programmes and projects databases and conducting periodic monitoring of county programmes and projects and prepare projects implementation status reports;
• Developing partnerships with key offices and stakeholders; and
• Organizing public participation programs to disseminate information on budget implementation in the counties.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Statistics, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or equivalent;
• Must be a member of a recognized professional body e.g. Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing
Previous relevant work experience required.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a relevant field
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The terms of service for each position are as specified in the Job Description.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Upon being successful and granted an offer of employment, successful candidates MUST present clearances and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following;
Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Certificate of God Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB
Clearance Form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget not later than 27th September, 2022 at 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.