County Chief Officer, Accounting, Revenue & Supply Chain Management
Jobs at:Vihiga County Government
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for the overall administration of a County Department to which he/she is assigned or re-assigned
• Be responsible for needs of the local community and the functions and competences assigned to and transferred to the County.
• Facilitate a culture of public service and accountability in the county public service.
• Be performance oriented and focused on the objects of devolved government as set out in the Constitution
• Be efficient and ensure that the County Departments align their roles and responsibilities with the priorities and objectives set out in the County’s policies and plans
• Organize his/her department and other structures in a flexible way in order to respond to changing priorities and circumstances
• Assign clear responsibilities for the management and coordination of the County department and functions
• Allow participatory decision making as far as practicable.
• Provide an equitable, fair, open and non-discriminatory working environment.
• Submit quarterly reports of the respective department to the County Executive Committee through the respective CEC- Member and to the County Assembly through the County Secretary and to respect the oversight role of the County Assembly by giving information and honoring summons whenever required
• Implement the policies and plans develop by the County Government
• Provision of strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
• To ensure departmental compliance with National Values and Principles of Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution
• Performance of any other functions conferred by the Constitution, National or County Legislation; and
• Carry out any other function incidental to any of the assigned functions and/or as may be assigned from time to time by the County Governor, the Deputy Governor, the respective CEC-Member for finance or the County Secretary.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a person should:
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Holds a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
• A Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
• Have at least five (5) years’ relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrate general knowledge of the County Government and its functions.
• County Chief Officer, Accounting, Revenue & Supply Chain Management must have CPA (K)
• County Chief Officer, Planning, Budget, Monitoring & Evaluation have CPA (K)
• County Chief Officer, Health Services must have a Medical Degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
• Demonstrate understanding of the goals policies and developmental objectives of the county.
• Demonstrable leadership and management capacity including Knowledge of financial management and strategic people management.
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 19th January, 2023.
All applications should be clearly marked with the specific position applied for on top of the envelope and submitted Hand delivery to the office of the Secretary /CEO situated at the third floor of Queens Arcade, along Kisumu - Kakamega Road, Mbale Town. Or Posted applications should be addressed to the
Vihiga County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 880-50300,
• County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Youth,Women and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority Communities are encousraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.