County Chief Officer, Economic Planning
Jobs at:Trans Nzoia County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Have a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya. Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
• Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 5 of which should be in a senior/managerial position in a large organization; Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and Vision 2030;
• Be a strategic thinker and results-oriented;
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
• Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the National Values and Principles of Governance and Values and Principles of Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
• Be computer literate;
• Trans-Nzoia County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Chief Officer will be the authorized officer and accounting officer in the department and shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member for Finance and Economic Planning.
Specific duties will include:
• Administration of the department;
• Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
• Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
• Implementation of policies and regulations;
• Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
• Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of Good Governance and Values and Principles of Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010; and
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• A duly filled CPSB. 1 (2020) form, written application, CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and National Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side, the position being applied for.
• All applications MUST be received on or before 30th June 2023 by 5.00 p.m.
• Trans Nzoia County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity Employer, Persons with disability, marginalized and minorities are also encouraged to apply.
• Trans Nzoia County Public Service Board does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
• Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number: 0713635352 and not any other.
• ONLY applicants who meet ALL the requirements will be shortlisted and contacted.
• Shortlisted candidates MUST present their original Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
ONLY successful candidates will be required to avail the following documents:
• Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• Clearance from Criminal Investigations Department;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
• Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board Office located next to Kenya Red Cross near St. Anthony Boys High School – Kitale and addressed to:
TRANS NZOIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 4210 - 30200
Interested and qualified? Go to Trans Nzoia County Public Service Board on transnzoia.go.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.