County Chief Officer - Budgeting and Planning
Jobs at:County Government of Siaya
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
County Chief Officer in the Following Portfolio J.G CPSB 02 ‘S’
County Chief Officer - Budgeting and Planning
Terms of Service: - 5 Year Contract
Applicants should specify in the application letter the portfolio for which they are applying;
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Efficient utilization of funds and other Public resources placed at their disposal as they shall be the authorized officers in respect of exercise of delegated powers; and
2. Giving effect to lawful directives of County Executive Committee Members and keeping them informed of all important activities and events;
3. The administration of the County department
4. Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals.
5. Development and implementation of County’s strategic and Integrated Development Plans and sector development plans
6. Implementation of policies, regulations and laws
7. Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
8. Promotion of National Values and Principles as well as ensuring compliance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
9. Determine, manage and develop the department’s workforce including execution of performance contracts and appraisal of staff
10. Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
1. Be a Kenyan citizen.
2. Have a relevant Bachelor’s degree in the portfolio applied for.
3. Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
4. Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position
5. Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
6. Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030
7. Be a strategic thinker and results oriented
8. Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
9. Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
10. Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
11. Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
12. Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
13. Be computer literate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applicants are expected to present the following additional documents during interviews for purpose of complying with the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
1. Tax compliance certificates
2. Clearance from HELB where necessary
3. Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
4. Clearance from the CRB.
5. Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
1. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the application form with position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
2. Courier and Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Board’s office at Ardhi House 1st floor, Bondo.
3. Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
4. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach the Board on or before 31st December 2022 at 4:00pm
1. Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth, Persons with Disability, Marginalized Groups and Non-Dominant Communities are encouraged to apply.
2. Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. WARNING BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS: Siaya County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor Charge ANY FEE at any stage of recruitment and selection process. In case of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.
4. Our official communication channels are email address; email@example.com and phone number 0710383877 ONLY.
ONLY SHORTLISTED AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.