County Chief Officer- Finance, Revenue Management and Accounting
Jobs at:Kitui County
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General administration in respect of the budget of the assigned County Department;
• Being the Accounting Officer and authorized officer of the department;
• Provision of strategic policy direction for the effective delivery of services by the department;
• Development and implementation of county strategic plans and sector development plans;
• Facilitating the achievement of the goals and objectives of the County Government and Intergovernmental programs and projects;
• Ensuring efficient and effective utilization of financial, Human and other Resources in the Department and submitting regular statutory reports as required;
• Ensuring promotion and compliance with National Values and Principles of Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
• Overseeing implementation and monitoring of performance management systems;
• Formulate and implement effective program plans to attain vision 2030 and sector goals;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Committee Member or the County Secretary;
Requirements for Appointment:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen.
• Be a holder of at least a first Degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
• A post-graduate qualification in the relevant field will be an added advantage but not mandatory.
• Have relevant knowledge and experience of more than five years in the relevant field.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
• Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution related legislations.
• Possess an understanding and exhibit commitment to National Values and Principles of Governance and Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 respectively.
• Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
• Have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented;
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Be computer literate.
• Mandatory Integrity Clearance:
ONLY Successful applicants will be required to submit clearances from the following institutions:-
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (D.C.I);
• Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All academic testimonials and transcripts will be subjected to verification and authentication by relevant authorities.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: as prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Written applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card clearly indicating the position applied for on the ENVELOPE should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P. O. BOX 33-90200,
Delivered by hand to ;
Kitui County Public Service Board offices,
located along Prison-Kefri Road
on or before Friday October 21, 2022 by 5pm.
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.