County Chief Officer - Financial Accounting Services
Jobs at:Makueni County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
28 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• General administration and coordination of the respective County Department;
• Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain the Kenya vision 2030, Makueni vision 2025 and sector goals;
• Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
• Implementation of policies and regulations;
• Responsible for risk assessment and management
• Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
• Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya; Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this position, the candidate should:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of at least a first degree in the relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Possession of a master's degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
• Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than five (5) years in a senior managerial position in the Public Service or Private Sector in the portfolio applied for; Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution related legislations; Be a member of a professional body (where applicable) relevant to the position applied for and in good standing;
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County Development plans and Vision 2030;
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity;
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Have the ability to build a strong team;
• Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines;
• Have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya; and
• Be computer literate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Written applications enclosing duly filled Makueni County Job Application Form (Revised 2022) current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card clearly indicating the position applied for on the sealed ENVELOPE should be submitted to:
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 - 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, 28th November 2022.
The Makueni County Job Application Form can be downloaded from the County Public Service Board website; via https://makuenipsb.go.ke/ourservices/job-application-form/
Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following institutions and the clearance certificates must be produced during the interviews; o The Criminal Investigation Department (CID). o Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB). o The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) (iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity card, birth certificate, academic and professional certificates and testimonials at the interview.
The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Payment of any form of fee will lead to automatic disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.