County Executive Audit Committe Member
Jobs at:Taita Taveta County
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
County Executive Audit Committe Member
Ref No. CPSB/TTC/050/2022
Duties and responsibilities entail:
• Provide oversight on risk management controls and governance processes and audit affairs of the county government and make appropriate recommendations to the County Government committee regarding internal control and audit matters; and,
• Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment in this position a candidate must:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field of; Accounting, Auditing, Finance or Economic or any other related field;
• A Master’s degree in the relevant field is an added advantage;
• Be a member, in good standing of a professional body such as IIA, ICPAK, CPSK, ACFE and any other relevant professional body;
• Satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
• One shall not be a past or present employee of the entity, and shall not have served as an employee or agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with Taita Taveta County in the last two years;
• Have at least 5 years of experience in senior management position, where their scope of work covered the entire organization they were working with;
• Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the object, principles and functions of the County Government of Taita Taveta County;
• Demonstrate competence in leadership and business management;
• Possess a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing; and,
• Not be a holder of a political office.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Hand delivered at the County Public Service Board offices in Voi; located opposite Dan Mwazo Hall, along the Moi County Referral Hospital and River Jordan Medical Centre.
The applications with copies of academic, professional and Chapter six clearance certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 21st October 2022
Candidates MUST clearly indicate the position being applied for by quoting the vacancy reference number; for the position of County Chief Officer JG CPSB 02, candidates MUST indicate the department/Portfolio they are applying to serve in.
Candidates MUST attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
Candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by obtaining clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 21st October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.