Jobs at:Old Mutual
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job responsibilities will be to manage the end-to-end impairment accounting, provisioning process, Insights generation and business partnering with other related teams (i.e. Business, Credit, Risk, Technology, RoA Banking Cluster and RoA group Risk teams) to implement recommendations to reduce business exposure and providing an oversight balance role to credit risk. The job will also involve additional work around risk implication for pricing and establishing business base rate and product risk rates.
• Ownership and ensuring smooth running of the IFRS9 Operating Model and Governance process
• Ensuring the IFRS9 Operating Model is reviewed, challenged, and improved on a continuous manner
• Ownership of the credit impairment methodology and related policies and procedures
• Oversight of the business, risk, finance, and technology teams involved in the credit impairment provisioning process
• Gaining deep understanding of the IFRS9 models in place and working with the model vendors to understand the model sensitivities and data dependencies
• Own the vendor interaction with core IFRS 9 stake holders
• Effectively work with group and regional teams in Risk, Finance, Credit and RoA.
• Preparation for Model Risk Technical Committee Agenda and review of Action points and minutes for discussion with the Finance Manager.
• Coordinating operational and stress testing activities with Risk and Quantitative Analysis teams
• Ensure compliance to Group policies and governance and controls framework
• Promote a culture of control awareness and best practice across the IFRS 9 impairment process
• Monthly provisions analysis to give insights of the root cause,
• Assist in developing tools and frameworks to incorporate risk-based pricing in product review and development.
• Impairment of Non-Banking items i.e Government and Bank investments
• Ensure compliance in Recognition of interest as per requirements of the standard- Stage 3 loan interest
• Assist in preparations of ad-hoc or special purport reports
• Branch Support in report understanding and impact assessments
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.