Credit Analyst- Financial Services
Jobs at:Sendy Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Credit Analyst- Financial Services – Kenya
About the career opportunity:
Directly accountable to the VP Financial Services and working closely with the members of C-SUITE, Head of Departments & strategic partners you will be responsible for the execution of Sendy Financial Services strategy and Financial products in Kenya. You’ll be charged with training, developing, and retaining a world-class financial services team delivering effective KYC, sales, credit administration and collections.
You will be responsible for:
Analyzing credit information
• Work with Senior Credit Analysts and VP of Financial Services to formulate, investigate and answer key credit questions and provide quality analysis to inform management on the customer, product and performance of the credit portfolio.
• Serve as a Key point of contact for debt fundraising and investor due diligence in Kenya.
• Contribute to the development of reports to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors, including graphical analysis, presentations and verbal and written communications
• Stay up to date on the latest risk related news and trends across the financial services industry, markets,politics etc to anticipate potential impact(s) on Sendy Kenya, our loans, and AR position.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of credit and financial models to be used by the business, including but not limited to bad debt modeling, debt collection processes and credit score modeling.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure that actions are appropriately carried out to execute on key initiatives to drive improved credit performance, reduce risk and improve accountability.
• Collaborate with our collections team and incorporate insights and suggestions and necessary changes as observed with customers trends.
• Working in collaboration with the SCA to prepare reports on the performance of the different credit options/strategies being used by the Financial Services Team and their effectiveness in ensuring minimal risk exposure.
• Formulate a world-class in-house credit cycle from evaluation, administration and collections to ensure efficiency, security and fraud control throughout the entire cycle.
• Lead and manage all AR activities, procedures, monitoring standards, reporting, etc with the ARs in Sendy Kenya.
Business unit policies
• Periodically review and update the department’s policies to fit the market changes.
• Any other duties assigned by the Management.
We know you are the best because you have:
• Degree in Business, Mathematical or Statistics or related fields.
• Proven Experience with SQL, Microsoft Power BI.
• Worked in or with a team of data science for Credit scoring models.
• Data analytics skills and financial modeling.
• At least 2 years experience in risk management and financial analysis in the financial space.
• Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk-related issues.
• Should be a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity.
• Proven working experience as a credit analyst.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office tools – word, PowerPoint, excel.
• Problem solving ability.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.