Credit Control Officer
Jobs at:Dimension Data
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a Credit Control Officer, you'll be responsible for managing the debtor's accounts assigned. This is a fixed term contract role.
• To manage assigned debtors’ portfolio including but not limited to collections of monies, tax certificates, reconciliations and timely dispute resolution by issuance of credit notes.
• Ensure compliance to the company’s credit control policy for each client assigned, maintain prepaid terms and follow up for overdue accounts, including but not limited to disconnections, reconnections, highlighting high risk debtors and escalations to respective supervisor.
• Build and maintain working relationships by liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the commercial teams to ensure client matters are given priority.
• Communicate and respond to external clients’ either orally or written in a professional and customer focused manner on the status of their accounts by sending invoices, customer statements and any other communications as outlined in the credit control policy.
• Communicating clients’ feedback to internal users regarding billing, service issues, contract matters or any other queries and follow up for prompt resolution.
• Negotiate workable payment plans with clients’ subject to approval by Team Leader/Manager.
• Prepare and maintain reports for assigned debtors regarding individual collections, specific debtors listing with updated reconciliation and an accurate comment on the nature of outstanding; and any other adhoc report as requested.
• Monthly review of billing reports in a timely manner to confirm accuracy and completeness and to facilitate decision making.
• Follow up to ensure potential churns are timely reported, terminated accounts are cancelled by Commercial teams, billing and technical teams and those terminated with arrears, the files are transitioned to external debt collectors/ legal for closure.
• Review and propose for write-off for irrecoverable debts to CFO.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree with preference to a business-oriented course.
• CPA Part I- or above qualifications.
• Diploma in Credit Management is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication (oral & written) skills and reporting skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong analytical skills, confident and persistent
• Energetic, results oriented and a fast learner.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, meet tight deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
• A team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Flexible to work exigencies especially in regard to time.
• Previous experience in a busy environment with a relatively large debtors listing (numbers and total recurring revenue)/ Experience in the ICT industry will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience in working with large ERP systems.
• Proficiency with working with MS Excel, MS Word and MS outlook.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.