Jobs at:Express Shipping & Logistics (EA) Limited (ESL)
Deadline of this Job:
06 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties & responsibilities:
Profitability & Growth
• Identify & mitigate all company bad debts and aligning with group policies on collection and provisions.
• Ensure timely recoverability of trade & other receivables with an objective of ensuring no projections for bad debts.
• Identify & mitigate all own risk limits while ensuring customer accounts are covered and insurance or sales payment terms are adopted.
Sound Financial Corporate Governance
• Credit risk management.
• Stakeholder mapping & management through liaising with customers, commercial team.
• Adherence to professional conduct.
• Liaising with commercial team to set up and seek approval on credit limits to the management.
• Closing on all reconciliations that could inhibit collections of debts.
Sound Credit Policies
• Implement relevant policies.
• Review of relevant policies.
• Sensitization of team members on areas that affect them.
Automation of all Credit Processes
• Automation of processes.
• Review of system utilization & recommendations.
• Daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
• Annual credit performance and analysis.
• Report any payment issues to management or the appropriate team on a regular basis and credit report every month on the same.
Budget Formulation, Execution and Monitoring
• Be involved in annual budget formulation of the company on matters credit.
• Monitor all credit limits and debtors on a regular basis.
• Prepare periodic variance analysis and provide explanations on the variance.
Financial Audit Management by Internal and External Auditors
• Coordinate with internal & external auditors and provide debtors balances confirmations every end of the financial year.
• Implementation of audit management reports.
Sound Debt Management System
• Adhere to set financial contractual agreements & policies.
• Negotiate payment plans with customers and adhere to the set financial contractual agreements and policies accordingly.
• Credit application and appraisals.
• Monitoring of debtor’s days.
• Ensure the customer database is always updated in the ERP.
• Look for ways to improve debt collection processes without compromise to customer retention.
Company Compliance Management
• Statutory requirements.
• QMS Standards.
• Labor laws.
• Financial and Tax laws.
Company Assets Management
• Monitoring & maintaining trade & other receivables.
• Conduct verification & circularization of trade & other receivables.
• Any other duty assigned by management.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
• A Master’s Degree in Finance or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• CPA (K) or ACCA certification.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years post qualification experience.
• Fluency in English, able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Competence & Skills:
• Team player & self motivated.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Honest, reliable & of high integrity.
• Attentive to detail and strong decision making.
• Negotiation and problem-solving ability.
• Knowledge on ERP systems.
• Computer proficient in Ms. Word & excel.
• Strong financial, accounting and debt management skills.
• Knowledge of debt recovery procedures including legal procedures related to debt collection.
• Strong reporting skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested persons to submit, through email, their applications, CV, academic certificates, training certificates and testimonials to email@example.com , to the attention of Human Resources. This advert runs for 14 days effective 23rd Nov 2022 to 6th December 2022. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.