Credit Decision Scientist- Financial Services
Jobs at:Sendy Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Credit Decision Scientist- Financial Services – Africa
About the career opportunity:
Directly accountable to the VP Financial Services and working closely with the members of C-SUITE & Head of Departments. We are seeking a talented analytics professional who thrives at the intersection of data, human behavior, marketing, product, and engineering. The individual will have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as an intense hunger to make a significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
• Develop and deploy solutions using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, machine learning techniques and statistics.
• Identifying and making recommendations to our stakeholders so that they can apply these insights to positively impact our overall business.
• Demonstrated success presenting complex research data in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action.
• Build statistical forecasting models and frameworks to support operations planning.
• Research and utilize advanced sampling and modeling techniques to enhance modeling results
• Provide analytical results to support strategic business decisions and the formulation of such decisions
• Produce data visualization such as charts, infographics, and dashboards to communicate findings and actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders clearly and effectively
We know you are the best because you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Economics or other related fields.
• In-depth knowledge of statistical and machine learning models: logistic regression.
• Excellent SQL, Logistic Regression, Zero Inflated Poisson Regression, AI/ML models and Python skills with a good understanding of best practices in software engineering and data engineering.
• Strong mathematical and statistical ability along with a proven ability to solve complex business problems with effective solutions in a commercial environment.
• Statistical modeling and data analysis experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, sampling theory,
• Previous 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience in fintech company desirable.
• Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
• Self-propelled continuous learner who keeps up with new tools and methodologies.
• Analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills.
• Highly detailed oriented.
• Excellent judgment and critical thinking can balance attention to detail with swift execution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
• Credit Decision Scientist- Financial Services – Africa
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.