Credit Manager, Corporate Investment Banking
Jobs at:Stanbic Bank
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Credit Manager, Corporate Investment Banking
Job purpose description
Manage a portfolio of counterparty credit risks associated with lending, trading, and investing activities, with the primary objective of assessing and managing risk within acceptable parameters as well as manager a team of other Credit Analysts.
Ensure the effective management of Credit Portfolio Allocated.
• Demonstrate complete ownership and thorough understanding of the risk profile of the credit portfolio allocated.
• Formulation and recommendation and/or evaluation of credit proposals, with a comprehensive risk assessment for new or increased facilities, as well as annual risk reviews on the existing portfolio base. This will usually entail visiting the customer and engaging at MD (Managing Director), FD (Financial Director) or FM (Financial Manager) level, and where necessary. Present applications to Credit committees consisting of Exco members.
• Coordinate and ensure that the post-approval implementation of facilities and legal documentation is in accordance with the conditions of sanction.
• Follow up and address non-adherence to terms and conditions of sanction by counterparties; to consider the inherent risk therein and to make recommendations as to action to be taken to regularize or mitigate such increased risk
• Coordinate research in respect of industry and market risk in relation to counterparty exposures on the underlying portfolio.
• Articulate credit appetite based on risk appetite for sector and give guidance structure of deals and documents (legal and collateral) required.
Complete effective financial analysis of counter party credit risks.
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of counter party risks for new or increased facilities. Conduct annual risk reviews on the existing portfolio base.
• Make timeous, sound and pragmatic recommendations and decisions in managing accounts within portfolio.
Effective Management and completion of all other required administration.
• Daily management, escalation and control of portfolio irregularities.
• Participate in projects as delegated from time to time.
• Management of excesses on portfolio.
Keep abreast of industry specific knowledge and key developments.
• Participate in and remain abreast of market developments.
• Stay attuned to industry and market risk developments and trends in relation to counterparty exposures and their impact on the underlying portfolios.
Ensure an efficient and effective leadership and staffing process.
• Oversee the moderation and relative distribution of performance appraisals in line with overall business performance for the area.
• Together with Human Capital for the area, determine the people strategy for the area with a focus on talent management, resourcing, development and retention.
Ensure efficient and effective stakeholder engagement.
• Proactively develop and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction including coordinating and execution of transactions.
• Work closely with front office to secure deals by providing the appropriate structuring advice at the appropriate DA (Delegated Authority) level.
• Undergraduate Degree in Business Commerce
• Masters Degree in Business Commerce
• 3-4 years experience and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards, as well as a thorough understanding of products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk.
• Understanding of Basel and broader regulatory and compliance. Additional understanding of vanilla lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk.
• As well as developed knowledge of financial markets, global economy and appropriate regional geographies in which portfolio operates.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.