Jobs at:Old Mutual
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Working closely with the Branch Business Growth and Development Manager, he /she will be responsible for the entire credit granting process at branch level, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of asset growth and low level on Non-Performing Loans (NPLs).
• Primarily responsible for achievement of the overall Asset portfolio growth and quality for the branch.
• Oversee the quality of branch portfolio and maintain it within approved levels
• Manage the monitoring of the branch loan portfolio including loans in arrears and ensure proper follow up and evidence of follow up is maintained on the customers’ credit files
• In charge of the appraisal and account relationship management for all borrowing customers in the branch
• Ensure all lending proposals are analyzed against all the canons of lending (Character, Capacity , Conditions , Capital , and Collateral ) as a basis for making approval / decline recommendations and that they are within the Bank’s Credit Policy & lending guidelines
• Participate and chair the branch credit committee meetings and is responsible for risk assessment of all the loans disbursed for the branch.
• Ensure full compliance and adherence to credit policies and procedures for all the loans processed and disbursed.
• Actively monitor and effect compliance to credit policies and procedures for the entire credit granting process.
• Cross-sell other products and services of the Bank to increase the Bank’s income streams from existing customers.
• Cascading and enforcement of all credit circulars on policy changes and lending guidelines communicated from head office from time to time
• Track and monitor customer service level agreements at all times such as the turnaround time for loan appraisals
• Ensure the bank’s customer service standards are maintained at all levels in credit processing
• Maintain and regularly update the branch credit risk register.
• Ensure all credit controls are upheld at all times and any credit audit issues raised are closed within the agreed timelines.
• Set targets and manage the Performance of all the credit staff within the branch in accordance with the branch business plan and credit policy
• Mentor, train and coach all the credit staff within the branch
• Ensure optimal staffing and supervision of all the credit staff within the branch
• Foster teamwork, ensure motivation and discipline among credit staff
• Ensure any policy exemptions are properly authorized at the correct level
• Escalate any adverse observations and comments with the Head of Credit
• Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
• Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
• Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
• Analysing, Analysis and Reporting, Client Relationship Management, Coaching
• Advanced Programme In Bank Credit: Bank Credit (Required), Bachelor Of Commerce Banking And Finance Honours Degree: Financial Analysis And Portfolio Management (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.