Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Strategy & leadership – Take strategic and operational ownership for the Credit function including policies, systems, and processes to achieve quality growth in accordance with the strategic plan.
• Credit risk assessment and reporting – Regularly review and strengthen the credit processes, including credit risk assessment and portfolio risk management and reporting. Develop tools to monitor the effectiveness of the Company’s credit policy in achieving its target credit risk objectives and ensure that, where objectives are not being met, appropriate interventions are put in place to remedy the situation.
• Portfolio performance management – Understand portfolio performance, both quantitatively through rigorous data analysis and compared to industry benchmarks, and qualitatively.
• Loan appraisal - Quality assessment and prudent decisions on loan applications within lending discretionary limit and/or making recommendations to higher approving authority to grow the loan book whilst minimizing risk.
• Loan collections – Take ownership of regular innovations to enhance collections. Manage relationships of all parties that assist the Company in collecting contractual payment obligations (“Collections Partners”). Ensure that there are adequate processes in place to ensure that payment delinquencies are addressed before the loans are judged to be in default.
• Default management - Ensure that there are adequate procedures to avoid fraudulent loans, and when such cases arise, institute investigations to determine the source of fraud and update the credit policy accordingly to ensure that such fraud is minimised going forward. Manage relationships with the Company’s contractors that are responsible for loan recoveries and regularly evaluate the performance of each Recovery Partner.
• Loan book quality – Minimise non-performing loans.
• Product innovations - Provide technical support on development of new and reviewing existing credit products and credit appraisal tools.
• Customer care – Design the department in a manner that ensures superior customer experience for both internal and external clients.
• Budget - Preparation of the departmental budget for each year and ensuring that the department meets its budgets.
• General management of the department - Understand and implement various legislative or regulatory requirements in the department and ensure that all staff in the department are always in compliance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or related fields.
• A minimum 7 years’ experience in Collections and credit analysis with at least 5 years of management experience.
• Proficiency in computer skills i.e., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Data analytics etc.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills.
• Advance knowledge of banking/lending systems.
• Excellent analytical skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Job application procedure
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their application letters and CVs to email@example.com with the subject “Credit Manager” on or before 15 July 2022 8:00 a.m.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.