Credit Risk Compliance Manager
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Credit Risk Mapping and Routines
• Develop, together with the global and local CF teams, credit risk mapping tools and routines to identify countries specific credit risk priorities with reference to EEA Credit Risk Management Framework and existing Standard Operating Practices.
• Conduct internal assessments of and report to Global Customer Finance and local Management Teams on any non-compliance issues.
• Contribute to the countries' Credit Risk Reports and Risk Committee meetings by reporting on compliance subjects.
Credit Risk Non-Compliance Remediation
• Develop, together with the global and local CF and management teams, countermeasures to avoid and/or respond to current non-compliance instances.
• Support the local teams to implement the non-compliance remediation actions (e.g. through portfolio analyses, adjustment or strengthening of credit management routines, etc.).
• Ensure that country stakeholders have access to credit risk compliance monitoring tools and this information is used to inform decision making and action plans.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and potential for innovation in our processes, standards, tools, etc.
Knowledge Sharing & Capacity Development Support.
• Train and communicate on credit risk policy standards, tools and compliance best practices to country teams across multiple departments and levels of the business.
• Support development and delivery of credit risk training content for MySol Academy or other credit-related training initiatives.
• Where appropriate, provide country teams and Global CF with insights and recommendations coming from analysis of reports and monitoring tools to give important context, inform decisions and action plans.
• Document and share credit risk compliance best practices and insights from across our network of country operations and global teams.
• Serve as a lead point of contact for countries' Head of Customer Finance departments in matters related to credit risk management compliance.
• Work with country and global Customer Finance departments to build and maintain a strong credit culture across EEA.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and priorities of EEA Customer Finance and country-specific strategies (in some cases, leading or guiding this process) related to Credit Risk compliance.
• Provide practical input to country and global credit operations strategy & standards development to foster credit risk compliance.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
• Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
• Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
• Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
• Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
• Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills :
Experience & Aptitudes:
• 5 to 7 years of professional experience in a related field; work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa in the off-grid energy sector is a plus.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in compliance management, credit risk management, credit operations, or other areas related to commercial lending and credit portfolio management is desired.
• Can-do attitude, with a knack for problem solving and tackling big challenges that require both team collaboration and individual perseverance.
• Details oriented; keen analytical skills; ability to combine hard data and observations on operational realities to then translate them into actionable insights.
• High level of professional curiosity; high level of interest in how to make processes and systems work to their best level.
• Strong and confident communicator who is equally capable of asking for support and guidance as well as sharing feedback, information and knowledge with others.
• Detail-oriented, with an ability to help others check their work and maintain a high level of quality.
• Empathy and stamina in collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders including customer-facing teams, leaders and managers across various business functions and units, and across a variety of cultural contexts.
• Familiarity with the nature of our customer base and the challenges faced by our customer-facing teams.
• Diploma or degree required. Degree in economics, finance, microfinance, business, data analytics or a related subject is preferred.
• Certification in a relevant topic (e.g. data analytics, credit risk management, project management) is a plus.
• English is required;
• French & Portuguese is a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.