Debt Recovery Officer -Faulu MFB
Jobs at:Old Mutual Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 12 2026
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Working closely with the Debt Recovery Manager, the Job holder will ensure focused attention and closely monitor the performance of an assigned portfolio of the written off book within all business segments of the Bank to achieve communicated targets through daily customer engagements.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS.
• Ensure the recoveries against write-offs target is achieved.
• Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements pertaining collection and debt recovery.
• Execute the institution’s strategy in reducing the NPA portfolio as per laid out guidelines in the institution’s credit policy.
• Management, collection, and recovery of outstanding amounts under assigned portfolio with a view of reducing the allocated written off book as per communicated targets.
• Ensure the written-off portfolio is tracked and recovered as per the bank’s objectives.
• Daily telephone calls and client visits (on a need basis) to follow up on payments.
• Demand, and enforce repayment of the assigned portfolio and achieve set targets.
• Negotiating with clients and coming up with suitable exit strategies of the allocated book.
• Effective use of allocated resources to minimize costs.
• Ensure a record is maintained with track of all the recovery progress for all loans in NPL and there is ease of access to recovery documentation.
• Ensure 100% utilization of the collections system as well as other systems that may be implemented to aid recoveries in the bank Report and monitor all risks associated with debt recovery. Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within debt recovery.
• Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
• Business Degree
• Proficiency in computer applications, Credit & Risk Management course
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• 2 years’ experience in credit and debt recovery.
• Knowledge in credit management and banking is an obvious advantage.
• Knowledge on Law relating to banking.
• Practical experience in Lending and recovery
• Speed and accuracy
• Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• High degree of confidentiality
• Analytical mind
• Knowledgeable on the Financial services sector
• Highly organized
• Creative and Innovative
• Proactive and fast decision maker
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.