Debt Recovery Officer - Upper / Lower Montain
Jobs at:SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
• Reporting to the Head of Credit (with dotted lines to the Assistant Manager, PAYG), the ideal candidate is responsible for collections of defaulted portfolio, racing & recovery of all SunCulture assets assigned on credit but defaulted, issuance of Demand letters in the field & initiation of repossession rights on all non-performing credits above Sunculture’s PAYG credit policy guidelines.
Does this sound interesting? If so, are you looking to;
• Be accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
• Ensure allocated accounts are monitored on a daily basis and appropriate actions are taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within acceptable limits through the application of sound credit judgment within SunCulture PAYG credit policy guidelines.
• Investigate and resolve any customer queries and complaints through verbal or written correspondence in line with SunCulture PAYG credit policies.
• Issue out demand letters at field level to defaulters with the aim to get payments back to normalcy.
• Record new commitment to repay the debt (PTPs), determine if the debt can be collected, and accordingly recommend/initiate the recovery process.
• Contact defaulting customers either by calling or visiting them with an aim of negotiating a settlement of the arrears.
• Initiate repossession of SunCulture assets as necessary.
• Achieve the monthly collection targets as assigned by the supervisor
• Identify and escalate deceased or disabled customers to the Head of Credit for review or collection termination.
• Ensure all work queues are acted upon.
• Conduct field visit assessment before visiting the market areas.
• Manage relationships with local authorities and Security Officers
• Plan and organize field collection drives across all regions
• Conduct monthly reporting as per portfolio performance on delinquency.
Knowledge and skills for the Role:
• At least 3-6 years work experience in debt collection in microfinance, the solar industry, or a related organization
• Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and processes in microfinance and credit collections environment or any other financial institution
• Evidence of well-developed organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Integrity and ability to work in consumer finance with small scale farmers across Kenya
• Sound verbal communication skills include the ability to negotiate respectfully and communicate the rationale for decisions made.
• Target driven, self-starter, and problem solver
• Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
• Sound judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
• Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
• Proficiency in GSuite, Microsoft Office
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.