Deputy Accountant General
Jobs at:County Government of Kakamega
Deadline of this Job:
16 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, December 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer will report to the Chief Officer responsible for Finance. An Officer at this level will be deployed to head the County Treasury Headquarters. Specific duties will entail: -
• Reviewing the applications of accounting standards and systems including IFMIS and recommending changes and improvements;
• Overseeing cash management and exchequer operations both for expenditure and revenue in liaison with the Central Bank of Kenya and other banks;
• Provision of advisory services to the County Accounting Officers and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in an accounting unit;
• Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• follow up with Heads of Accounting Units (HAU) on non-compliance with standards,
• Circulars, financial regulations and procedures, letters and instructions;
• developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
• Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports
• Ensuring conformity to the law;
• Participate fully in ministerial committees’ especially tender, planning, audit, training, etc.;
• Authorizing payments, sign cheques, identify suitable cheques signatories and set limits as appropriate;
• Maintain an inventory on all bank accounts in the accounting unit and their approved signatories including County Departments and Agencies;
• Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the unit.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have: -
• Relevant working experience of fifteen (15) years, five (5) of which shall be in a senior management position in the Accounting, Audit or Financial field;
• Served in the grade of Senior Assistant Accountant General, Job Group CPSB 04 (‘Q’) or comparable
• position in Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years.
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, ommerce or their relevant equivalent qualification from an approved institution.
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
• Meet requirements of chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke , fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 16th January, 2023 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. email@example.com will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.