Deputy Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Laikipia University
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• REF: LU/AD/2/10/2022
• Reports: As the head of Internal Audit, the holder shall report operationally to the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee of the Council and administratively to the Vice Chancellor. Academic and Professional Requirements
• Hold Master’s Degree in relevant field;
• Hold Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting);
• Hold CIA (K) or CPA (K) or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) final;
• Be an active member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya;
• Attendance of a Senior Management or other professional course lasting more than four weeks will be an added advantage
• Computer Literacy
• Exemplary work performance; and
• Demonstrate outstanding qualities of leadership, coordination and organization at top management level.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor shall:
• Be in Charge of the Internal Audit Department;
• Be responsible for appraisal, summarization and discussion or Audit findings with relevant departments or sections;
• Be responsible for the preparation of audit reports for presentation to the University Management Board;
• Review and revise existing internal audit control systems;
• Develop audit techniques;
• Be responsible for all staff matters in the department;
• Carry out audit of transactions;
• Supervise assigned staff
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants should submit an Application Letter containing email address, day time telephone contacts; detailed Curriculum Vitae (detailing academic
• qualifications, professional experience and membership to professional associations) and certified copies of certificates.
• They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
• Comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
• Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the posts should be sent via registered mail or courier or
• delivery by hand in an envelope marked with the Reference number on the top left-hand side of the envelope to the under-signed to be received on or before 19th October, 2022.
• Successful candidate will be required to submit valid clearances from the following bodies upon receipt of an offer of appointment:
• Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Higher Education Loans Board;
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct); and
• Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
• The Chairman,
• Laikipia University Council,
• P.O. Box 1100-20300,
• Nyahururu, Kenya
• Email: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.