Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Operations, Kenya Tusome Follow-On
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position will be based in Kenya and recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and final USAID approval.
Responsibilities of the DCOP of Operations include, but are not limited to:
• Support the Chief of Party in all operation and management aspects of the project and serves as second in command in the Chief of Party absence.
• Ensure proper administration of the project and oversee all financial, procurement, HR, communications, logistics, security and field operations.
• Ensures the project conforms to USAID rules and regulations as well as project agreement requirements, including cost, schedule, and quality parameters.
• Oversee the intersection of contract, budget, and technical work, engaging appropriate RTI contract and finance staff as needed.
• Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in assigned area of responsibility.
• Monitor and review project budget and expenditures, financial forecasts, working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate and client regulations.
• Responsible to ensure project financial goals are met.
• Responsible for the accuracy of project timelines, tasks, milestones, resource requirements, costs, risks and execution.
• Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting. Produces operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories.
• Responsible for design and implementation the grants management program
• Collaborate with Chief of Party to identify and manage risks and actively participate in the resolution of performance issues with project staff and sub-contractors or sub-awardees.
• Assist Chief of Party in managing all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities, and reporting lines.
• Develop partnerships with client, implementers, and stakeholders and foster coordination.
• Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of experience, Master's degree and 12 years of experience, PhD and 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience implementing projects that are similar to this activity in terms of complexity, scope, and budget.
• Experience working on international education programming preferred, including experience working with Ministries of Education, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders that work in education programming.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation policies and procedures related to grants, procurements, and subawards.
• Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
• Verbal and written fluency in English required. Oral and written communication skills in Kiswahili preferred.
• Experience working in the East Africa region, specifically Kenya preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.