Deputy Director– Revenue
Jobs at:Kitui County
Deadline of this Job:
28 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deputy Director– Revenue
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
• Be a Kenyan Citizen;
• Served in the grade of Assistant Director – Revenue for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following:- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Statistics or its relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master’s degree in any of the following:- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Statistics or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) finalist;
• Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts (ICFA) or any other relevant professional body and in good standing;
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Be computer literate; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Assist in planning, organizing, coordination, supervision and administration of all revenue matters;
• Assist in provision of advisory on revenue matters to Director, Revenue;
• Assist in ensuring proper enactment of laws, financial regulations and procedures pertaining to revenue matters;
• Assist in initiating internal controls and procedures within the Department of Revenue;
• Assist in provision of quality and timely accounting services in the Revenue unit which include maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory reports; and
• Develop fresh revenue streams giving annual collection targets.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
• Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Candidates : Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday, 28th June, 2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.