Deputy Director, Accounting Services
Jobs at:Kericho County
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing management and statutory financial reports including monthly expenditure, bank reconciliations, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits etc.;
• Maintaining of accurate accounting records;
• Providing advisory services to the Accounting Officers and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters, especially planning, auditing and training;
• Ensuring proper Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• Overseeing implementation of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Maintaining inventory on all bank accounts in the County and their approved signatories including departments;
• Authorizing payments and a signatory to County Bank accounts held with the Central Bank of Kenya and other bank accounts as may be authorized by the CEC Finance and Economic Planning;
• Ensuring all statutory reports are prepared as per the required law;
• Safe guarding County Assets and records and ensure Asset Registers are maintained by the departments.
• Supervising, training and development of accounts staff.
• Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements
• Carrying out such other roles as may be assigned by the Chief Officer/ Director. xiii) Compiling reports on non-compliance by Accounting units with standards and other financial regulations for action by departmental head;
• Attending Parliamentary Accounts Committee hearings and maintaining and implementing status matrix reports on the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) recommendations for the County and compiling Treasury Memorandum
• Assisting the Director in overseeing the processing of funding and Controller of Budget request arrangements to departments in the County and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures
• Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for appointment
• Must have served in the field of accounts/finance in the public sector for a minimum period of twelve years;
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination;
• Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Business, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized University in Kenya;
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in Kenya;
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks will be an added advantage;
• Minimum experience of five (5) years working with Government accounting system (IFMIS)
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Only County Government of Kericho employees are eligible to apply and are required to register first through:
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
• Applicants MUST attach letter of Appointment/last promotion
• Applicants MUST attach original scanned: National Identity
• cards /passport, Appointment/promotion letters, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates other testimonials on or before Friday 9th July, 2023.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County Public Service Board website.
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.