Deputy Director, Budget
Jobs at:Kericho County
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
A Deputy Director, Budget will be responsible for the preparation of budget and ensuring departments’ adherence to budget ceilings. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level shall entail: -
• Control of budgetary commitments;
• Financial evaluation and processing of major policy changes (i.e. changes with substantial financial implications) within a Department
• Incorporation of State Corporations budgets and other agencies funded in the parent Departments budget, release of funds for State Corporations and monitoring the use of their financial resources;
• Monitoring and servicing of guaranteed loans by State Corporations and taking follow up action on the recovery of funds owed to the Government;
• Monitoring and review of programme implementation and taking corrective measures; Timely issuance of Authority-to-Incur Expenditure (AIE) to various spending points, particularly to the departments and ensuring that AIEs are consistent with quarterly ceilings; and
• Undertaking risk management for the Department.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
• Have served in the grade of Senior Principal Finance Officer/Assistant Director of Budget or an equivalent position in the Public Service for at least three (3) years;
• Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, Commerce or in a financial related discipline from a recognized university;
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks; and
• Shown outstanding capability in Financial Management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Only County Government of Kericho employees are eligible to apply and are required to register first through:
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply .
• Applicants MUST attach letter of Appointment/last promotion
• Applicants MUST attach original scanned: National Identity
• cards /passport, Appointment/promotion letters, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates other testimonials on or before Friday 9th July, 2023.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County Public Service Board website.
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.