Deputy Director, Finance and Accounts
Jobs at:Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA)
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deputy Director, Finance and Accounts
Job Ref. No KEMSA/CSD/2022/005
Scope of Work /Duties /Responsibilities
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements including the Public Finance Management Act 2012 (PFMA), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), tax laws and any other relevant legislation;
• Initiating development of policies, plans and strategies in the functional areas of Finance and Accounts;
• Preparing budget estimate and undertaking budgetary control;
• Coordinating financial audit and ensuring implementation of financial recommendations;
• Ensuring adequate systems of internal control are in operation;
• Monitoring and forecasting cash flows and overall management and control of allocated funds and internally generated income;
• Formulation, review and implementation of credit and collection policies and procedures;
• Preparing and maintaining the Authority’s books of accounts to facilitate production of timely and accurate financial statements and reports for management decision making as well as for external reporting in line the requirements of the Public Financial Management Act 2012 and the National Treasury guidelines issued from time to time;
• Designing, monitoring and supervising the implementation of internal controls to safeguard the property and assets of the Authority;
• Ensuring integrity of financial transactions and compliance with all relevant policies, guidelines and procedures for all financial reporting; and
• Making arrangements for the collection and recovery of all moneys due to Authority.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Finance/Accounting Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Finance Option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Membership to professional body;
• Certificate in Management Course from a recognized institution;
• Leadership development course from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications; and
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
• A minimum period of ten (10) years in relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in a Supervisory position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are required to submit their duly filled application forms (available on https://www.kemsa.co.ke/download/application-form/ ) in either hard or soft copy formats marked / referenced ‘Job Ref
• Application for the specific Position should be stated .
• Hard copy applications to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked / referenced clearly as above.
• Interested candidates should not indicate their names on the envelope.
• Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit certified true copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV, and MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to attach copies of the requisite documents during interviews.
• Hard Copy Applications can be submitted physically or sent via postal mail and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
Commercial Street Industrial Area
P. O. Box 47715 – 00100
• Soft copy applications can be sent via email to email@example.com
• Online applications can be submitted via www.careers.kemsa.co.ke All applications should be submitted and received on or before: 17:00hrs on August 16, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.