Deputy Director, Internal Audit Forensics
Jobs at:Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deputy Director, Internal Audit Forensics
Job Ref. No KEMSA/IARA/2022/002
Scope of Work /Duties /Responsibilities
• Implementing internal audit policies, strategies and regulations;
• Developing and reviewing internal audit guidelines, processes and procedures;
• Analyzing data on periodical financial returns, estimates and expenditure;
• Preparing audit operational plans, budget and coordinating audit teams in implementing work plans;
• Confirming the propriety and accuracy of the transactions and provide recommendations;
• Auditing and analyzing the adequacy of internal policies, procedures, processes and systems to ensure necessary and recommend sufficient internal controls;
• Ensuring the Service complies with the relevant internal audit policies, regulations, procedures, administrative government circulars and guidelines;
• Carrying out research and benchmark on auditing and emerging technologies;
• Undertaking complex Internal audits including annual accounts;
• Coordinating the carrying out of special audit assignments as need arises and following up on audit reviews;
• Liaising with external auditors and following up on the implementation of audit recommendations;
• Coordinating on the carrying out of audit checks and identifying any accounting errors, cases of fraud and initiating investigations;
• Recommending on adoption and implementation of effective auditing system and processes;
• Coordinating risk assessment, measurement and management and make recommendations for management decision;
• Following up on implementation of audit recommendations and preparing audit report; and
• Analyzing and evaluating audit reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized institution;
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or relevant field from a recognized institution;
• Passed Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent qualification;
• Be a registered member of ICPAK in good standing and or CFE (Certified Fraud Examination) OR Be a Member of the IIA/ISPAK in good standing;
• Certificate in Leadership Development Course from a recognized institution;
• Certificate in Management Course from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution
• A minimum period of ten (10) in relevant work experience and at least three (3) in a supervisory position in the Public Service or Private Secto
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are required to submit their duly filled application forms (available on https://www.kemsa.co.ke/download/application-form/ ) in either hard or soft copy formats marked / referenced ‘Job Ref
• Application for the specific Position should be stated .
• Hard copy applications to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked / referenced clearly as above.
• Interested candidates should not indicate their names on the envelope.
• Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit certified true copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV, and MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to attach copies of the requisite documents during interviews.
• Hard Copy Applications can be submitted physically or sent via postal mail and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
Commercial Street Industrial Area
P. O. Box 47715 – 00100
• Soft copy applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online applications can be submitted via www.careers.kemsa.co.ke All applications should be submitted and received on or before: 17:00hrs on August 16, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.