Deputy Director, Internal Audit
Jobs at:Communications Authority of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 23 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, May 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the supervision of the Director, Internal Audit and Risk Assurance, the Deputy Director,
• Internal Audit is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Authority. The auditor will also evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
• Implement internal audit policies, strategies, and regulations.
• Assists in planning and organizing audit activities, preparing annual audit plan to achieve departmental objectives.
• Develop and review internal audit guidelines, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure maintenance of high standards and quality of audit assignments by audit staff.
• Review of audit programmes, working papers and draft audit reports in connection with work assignments to assure full and complete reporting in a professional manner prior to approval by the Head of Internal Audit.
• Confers, advises, initiates and coordinates with other departments about plans, policies, and procedures.
• Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that Authority’s governance system in functioning effectively and provide recommendations for improvement where necessary.
• Auditing and analyzing the adequacy of internal policies, procedures, processes, and systems to ensure sufficient internal controls.
• Coordinating the carrying out of special audit assignments as need arises and following up on audit reviews.
• Evaluates and provide reasonable assurance that the authority’s governance system is functioning effectively and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Carrying out fraud risk assessment and evaluating of fraudulent activities to initiate audit investigations.
• Following up on implementation of audit recommendations and preparing audit report.
• Ensure that audits are performed to determine the level of compliance with relevant regulations, guidelines, plans, policies, and procedures.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Master’s degree preferred.
• Have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience, with a at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
• Be a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or its equivalent.
• Be a Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya ICPAK, ACCA or Institute of Internal auditors (IIA) or any other recognized professional body in good standing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Authority offers a competitive package in line with its Human Resource Policies and Procedures and Public Service Guidelines.
Director level appointments shall be for a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
performance while the position of Deputy Director Human Resource Management shall be for three (3) years. The rest of the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on https://www.ca.go.ke/about-us/work-with us/careers/
Documents to be submitted by the applicants
Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: -
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
• Dully filled and stamped Self-Declaration/Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
• A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
• The Self-Declaration form from the EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Submission of Applications
The application letter indicating the specific position and reference number should be addressed to:
The Director General
Communications Authority of Kenya
P.O. Box 14448
Applicants are invited to submit applications via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 23rd June, 2023 at 5.00 p.m. East Africa Time.
The Authority is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified Kenyans including Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.