Deputy Director Finance
Jobs at:National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include but not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory obligations;
• Monitoring expenditures and forecasting of expenditure;
• Ensuring timely closing of accounts;
• Coordinating the preparation of financial statements and management accounts;
• Reviewing & approving payment vouchers & journal entries and signing of cheques;
• Establishing and maintaining systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns;
• Liaising with other departments to ensure success of cost reduction initiatives;
• Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving;
• Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial officers;
• Liaising with other functions to put the finances and accounts in context;
• Organizing and managing the Finance department;
• Coordinating accounting work and advising Management on financial policies and procedures;
• Interpreting and applying financial and management policies;
• Budgetary control and implementing of financial returns;
• Ensuring that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transactions;
• Designing and reviewing, controlling and implementing the financial management and accounting systems;
• Supervising, guiding, appraising and developing staff in the department.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: -
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• A minimum period of twelve (12) years in relevant work experience and at least four (4) years in management role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
• Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya or any other relevant professional body in good standing;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Good Communication skills;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Fulfilled the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered or posted applications, as appropriate, should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked to;
The Director General
National Environment Management Authority
1st Floor, NEMA Headquarters
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 67839 – 00200
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope and application letter.
• Successful candidates will be expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
• NEMA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of Canvasing by any candidate will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.