Deputy Director Internal Audit
Jobs at:National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Deadline of this Job:
21 March 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director Internal Audit.
Duties and responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include but not limited to:
• Developing, implementing and reviewing audit management systems of the Authority;
• Preparing annual work plans for the function and ensuring that audits are well planned and executed;
• Supervising the preparation of work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
• Overseeing risk assessment and developing management guidelines;
• Overseeing the preparation and submission of audit reports;
• Ensuring that accounting, administration and other operations comply with NEMA management policies;
• Ensuring that the internal controls are reviewed and documented on
• their effectiveness and adequacy;
• Planning and conducting audit engagements and investigations;
• Following up on implementation of recommendations of internal and external audit;
• Carrying out audit assignments;
• Ensuring accountability and ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity;
• Supervising, appraising and developing audit staff to ensure maintenance of high audit standards within the audit function.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• A minimum period of twelve (12) years relevant work experience and at least four (4) years in a management role in the Public Service or Private Sector.
• Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya) and/or Association of
• Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE-Kenya) or any other relevant professional body.
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• Good Communication skills.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Fulfilled the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All the above positions are on permanent and pensionable terms of service except for the position of Corporation Secretary/Director Legal Services – Grade E2, which is on a three (3) years renewable contract.
• Download and complete the Bio-data Job Application Form
• Submit an application letter attaching the following:
• Completed Bio-data Job Application Form.
• CV with full details of education and professional qualifications indicating names and contacts of three referees.
• Copies of academic certificates and transcripts, professional certifications and testimonials.
• Email applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered and posted applications
Hand delivered or posted applications, as appropriate, should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked to;
The Director General
National Environment Management Authority
1st Floor, NEMA Headquarters
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
PO. Box 67839 – 00200
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope and application letter. All applications should be received by 5 p.m. on 21st March, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.