Deputy Director - Technical Services
Jobs at:Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
POSITION OF DEPUTY DIRECTOR - TECHNICAL SERVICES, JOB GRADE VPI.15 Job Ref: DD-TS – KVVPI/001/01/2021
The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 of 4th June 1990 and operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives the State Department of Livestock. KEVEVAPI is mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines.
The Board is seeking to appoint a committed, experienced, dynamic, and results oriented Deputy Director, Technical Services. The position is on permanent and pensionable terms subject to performance after a six months’ probationary period. The successful candidate shall be offered a competitive remuneration package.
The Deputy Director - Technical Services shall be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. He/she will provide relevant technical advice on vaccines production, quality assurance, marketing, implementation and management of research and development. .
The duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
1. Offering Technical advice to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board on all matters relating to technical services, technology dissemination and technical liaisons;
2. Developing, recommending and implementing long term strategic business plans annual work programmes and establishing proper internal monitoring and controls;
3. Providing regular, thorough and prompt communication to the Chief Executive Officer on key technical matters;
4. Ensuring continuous improvements in the quality, value and diversity of services and products provided by the Institute.
5. Overseeing proper management and accountability of resources allocated to the technical programmes.
6. Co-ordinating all technical programmes in liaison with other stakeholders on vaccine production; 7. Providing leadership to senior management and staff to ensure compliance with all statutory, legal, and regulatory requirements.
8. Ensuring that monitoring and evaluation of systems are fully institutionalized and operationalized;
9. Co-ordinating timely preparation of Board papers on technical matters and.
10. Coordinating, preparing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of Technical Departments’ performance contracts and staff performance appraisal systems.
1. Demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and a clear understanding of strategic leadership and management.
2. Ability to portray and uphold positive national image.
3. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity.
4. Have a clear understanding of international standards in manufacturing and commercial principles in vaccines production.
5. Have an understanding of the structure and functions of the public sector.
6. Be a visionary and result oriented person.
7. Be computer literate.
Qualifications and experience
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVM) from a recognized University;
2. Have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Microbiology (Vaccinology, Bacteriology, Virology) or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university.
3. Have knowledge in quality vaccine production, management and administration.
4. Must have Seven (7) years working experience in a relevant field with at least four (4) years at a senior management position.
5. Possession of a PhD qualification in relevant field will be an added advantage.
6. Be registered with the Kenya Veterinary Board and have current membership.
7. Demonstrate managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and exhibit a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper vaccine production.
8. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Each application shall be accompanied by Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following.
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
b. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board.
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
d. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
e. Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit twelve (12) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of Deputy Director Technical Services - Job Ref: DD-TS-KVVPI/001/01/2021.
Applications must be received on or before the 2nd February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute,
P. O. Box 53260 – 00200,
KEVEVAPI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
KEVEVAPI is ISO 9001:2015 Certified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.