Deputy Finance Manager Grants
Jobs at:World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deputy to the Finance Manager – Grants, responsible for overseeing and monitoring the budgets and expenses of CIFOR-ICRAF, Africa Hub. Assign new projects to the Senior Finance and Finance Officers and maintain/update the list of project assignments. Coordinate and supervise the preparation of budgets for restricted projects for inclusion in the Annual Programme of Work and Budget in CIFOR-ICRAF, Africa Hub.
Summary of responsibilities
Oversee the monitoring of Budget and Actual Expenses of restricted grants in the CIFOR-ICRAF, Africa Hub
• A complete record of all pertinent documents of each project, coordinate with the senior finance officers and various project leaders to ensure that the financial implementation adheres with all the other aspects
• of the project agreement.
• Coordinate with donors, collaborators, project leaders and scientists to clarify financial issues.
• Ensure finance officers have answered queries and give update on the financial and budget status of projects assigned.
• Review financial status of the project prepared by the Senior Accountant and finance officers.
• Review and verify expenditures of restricted projects assigned to ensure adherence to budgetary and donor requirements.
• Liaise with the Program Management Unit (PMU) regarding the development of Letter of Agreement (LoA) with partner Institutions, project start-ups and set ups in Mytree and OCS, budget update and management in OCS and project tracking & closures
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least 7 years of relevant experience
• Experience in financial and accounting services
• Experience in project or cost accounting
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Experience with an ERP, familiarity with Agresso Unit 4 and Vision XL is an advantage
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
• Strong analytical and supervisory skills
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) on cifor.zohorecruit.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.