Development and Grants Manager
Jobs at:Blue Ventures
Deadline of this Job:
30 January 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Write and edit high quality narrative content to describe Blue Ventures’ projects, priorities and impact powerfully and succinctly
• Maintain close interaction with colleagues and partners to translate programme priorities and learning into clear funding proposals and reports that communicate
• Blue Ventures’ work in a compelling way to new and existing funders
• Lead the preparation, development, internal review and submission of project proposals, logframes, timelines and detailed budgets as required
Donor engagement and relationship management:
• Manage and maintain excellent donor communications for new and existing grants through effective grant management and donor stewardship, including coordinating responses on contracts and ensuring contractual compliance
• Attend meetings or calls with donors as and when required
• Manage the reporting process for funding agreements including report writing and working with the project and finance teams to produce timely and accurate narrative and financial reports
• Ensure all grant documentation is stored and updated in relevant systems
• Support coordination of grant setup and closure, working with teams in the UK and globally to ensure clear assignment and understanding of responsibilities in relation to compliance, management and deadlines
• Work with the finance team on regular progress and expenditure reviews
• Work with country and finance teams to ensure effective procedures are in place for grant management and compliance, such as for cost recovery, procurement and grant financial oversight
• Share ideas, information and learning to contribute to grant management processes and protocols, and to support broader learning from Blue Ventures’ work with partners and donors
Skills and experience
• Proven experience of applying for and managing funding from trusts, foundations and institutional donors
• Proven experience of project and budget management such as project planning, grant management, compiling and monitoring budgets, narrative and financial reporting, preferably in an INGO setting
• Experience of effective and valuesbased partnership work between international and local organisations and communities
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in French (written and spoken) for one of the three Development and Grants Manager roles
• Excellent writing skills, including application and report writing
• High level interpersonal and communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
We would also love to see
• Experience developing logical frameworks and theories of change
• Experience in environmental conservation
• French language skills (spoken and written)
You will be a great fit if
• You show a commitment to Blue Ventures’ mission and values, evidenced by a high level of personal and professional integrity, humility and humanity.
• You demonstrate a strong bias for action and comfort with the uncertain; you are motivated to move forward, make decisions, and finalize details quickly once information is available.
• You’ve shown a willingness and ability to challenge the status quo creatively and productively.
• You have an analytical mindset and orientation toward measurement, outcomes and continuous improvement and learning. You value in others, and yourself, data driven and consultative decision making.
• You think critically and put a high value on offering and receiving constructive feedback and criticism.
• You’re a natural relationship builder and have a proven ability to work collaboratively with others in a complex organisation, demonstrating professional curiosity, team building and facilitation skills. You enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from and developing others.
• You’re a people person who takes pride and pleasure in developing talent and creating safe, happy, productive and engaging workplace cultures and environments for staff at all levels and from varied backgrounds. You crave building teams, finding talent, nurturing relationships, and tackling challenging peoplerelated issues.
• You are a passionate professional who combines strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach.
• You’re able to engage people’s energies, hearts and minds in service of a mission.
• You use exemplary interpersonal skills to establish relationships of trust and influence
• You’re detailoriented and complianceminded; you enjoy dotting i’s and crossing t’s
• You demonstrate excellent organisational skills, an ability to marshall resources, and continually improve systems and processes.
• You show selfmotivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fastpaced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment.
• You’re trustworthy in managing sensitive situations and information; you are discrete, professional, and possess excellent judgement
• You are comfortable with a playfully professional workplace culture.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.