Director, Corporate Services
Jobs at:Commission for University Education
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
• Advising Management on policies, strategies and programs relating to Finance, Human Resource & Administration, Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Corporate Communication;
• Providing strategic Financial, Human Resource, Administration, ICT and Corporate Communication guidance to the Commission Secretary to ensure that the Commissions objectives are met;
• Ensuring the establishment of effective and sound Financial Management and Internal control systems, procedures and strategies to Fulfill the objectives of the Commission and in compliance with statutory regulations.
• Ensuring there is proper interpretation and implementation of Financial, Human Resource and Administrative Policies and regulations, including circulars on administration from the public service.
• Ensuring timely preparation and submission of the annual recurrent and development budget estimates to The National Treasury as required by law.
• Coordinating the preparation and implementation of the annual work plans for Financial, Human Resource, Administration, ICT and Corporate Communication activities in the Commission.
• Ensuring human resource planning and undertaking organization review to ensure an optimal structure;
• Overseeing recruitment, selection and retention of staff to ensure that the Commission is adequately resourced with the right quality and numbers of staff;
• Ensuring the overall accountability for planning, directing and executing all human resources strategies, policies and activities;
• Enhancing the Commissions corporate image through effective branding, marketing and communications; and
• Ensuring the Commission leverages on technology for effective service delivery.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• At least twelve (12) years relevant experience, five (5) years of which should have been at the level of senior management role;
• Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: - Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Computer Science/Information Communication Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: - Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration/Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution from a recognized institution;
• Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable;
• Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications; and
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Successful candidates (that is, those who have been appointed to the advertised positions) will be required to provide the following documents before the award of offer in compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010:
Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Qualified and interested candidates should visit CUE website www.cue.or.ke for the detailed job profiles and application procedures.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through careers portal available on CUE website.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to bring the original certificates for verification during the interview.
All applications to reach the Commission on or before 20th February 2023. at 5.00 p.m East African
For any enquiries please contact the undersigned.
The Chief Executive Officer/Commission Secretary,
Commission for University Education,
Red Hill Road, Off Limuru Road, Gigiri,
P.O. Box 54999-00200,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.