Director, Financial Services
Jobs at:National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
Deadline of this Job:
26 April 2023
Date Posted: Monday, April 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will establish, maintain and provide leadership on sound financial management to include budget, investments and liabilities.
Leadership And Advisory
• Lead and develop a team of finance professionals within the finance directorate.
• Lead in the development and management of the ERP finance and accounting system
• Oversight general program activities inventory management, staff advances, cash and bank management.
• Provide technical advice to management and staff on financial compliance of statutory and legal requirements.
• Oversee the interpretation and implementation of government policies in accordance with the
• PFM Act.
• Lead and coordinate tax returns to ensure compliances, information reporting and other statutory requirements and advise the Chief Executive Officer and the Board on effective strategies for minimizing tax liability;
• Interpret financial reports, statements, accounting records and advice the CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER on the significance of the same.
• Oversee timely preparation of annual work plans and budget estimates.
• Lead in presenting proposed budgets to the Board, Treasury Officials and Donor Agencies as appropriate.
Financial Policies and Systems
• Develop and install effective financial management systems and procedures to improve financial reporting and accounting in collection of member contributions.
• Establish stringent expenditure control ensuring that budgetary allocations are not exceeded without justifiable cause;
• Develop and implement computerized financial information systems to include general ledger, job costing and fixed assets management register.
Financial Monitoring and Tracking
• Prepare financial statements and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position including healthcare providers’ account reconciliations.
• Monitor and track the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against approved plans.
• Coordinate and monitor the NHIF’s investment of surplus funds and implement effective strategies for managing working capital and expenditure programs;
• Manage the cash flow and funding for smooth operations.
• Risk Management skills to understand the source of risk, evaluate and their mitigation.
• Ability to assess and facilitate change.
• Takes critical and methodical approach when problem solving
• Leads others, manages resources and delegates effectively.
• Methodical approach to problem-solving.
• Business skills to understand business operations and ethical issues.
• Strong interpersonal and communication
• Stakeholder management.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
• At least fifteen (15) years’ work experience five (5) of which should be in Senior management;
• Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) or related field from a recognized Institution;
• Bachelors degree from a recognized Institution;
• Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA (UK) or equivalent qualification;
• Membership to ICPAK or relevant professional body;
• Leadership and Management course lasting for not less than 4 weeks from a recognized Institution;
• Fulfill of the requirement of chapter 6 of the constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit soft copy applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, national identification cards and any other relevant supporting documents (as pdf attachments) to email address Topmanagementrecruit@nhif.or.ke and hard copy applications clearly marked with the reference of the position applied for should be dropped in a box located on 10th floor, NHIF Headquarters not later than 26th April,2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors
National Health Insurance Fund
P.O. Box 30443-00100
Shortlisted candidates must submit certificates of compliance from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), the Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC), the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.