Director, Internal Audit And Risk Assurance
Jobs at:Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director, Internal Audit And Risk Assurance (1 POSITION)- EPRA
JOB GRADE 2 (5 YEARS CONTRACT)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing secretarial services to the Audit Committee;
2. Ensure development and review of the Internal Audit policy documents to conform with the prevailing professional standards and regulations;
3. Evaluating the risk management processes and giving reasonable assurance to the management and the Authority that all key business risks are being mitigated to the acceptable levels;
4. Providing independent and objective assurance to the Authority on risks and risks mitigations;
5. Articulating the Internal Audit issues to Management and Audit Committee;
6. Ensuring that audit activities are carried out as per the professional guidelines and audit policies;
7. Advising on new initiatives aimed at improving internal audit operational efficiencies;
8. Ensuring development of a risk based annual audit work plans to cover all activities of EPRA;
9. Reviewing all the audit programmes to ensure that they test the relevant internal controls in compliance with the international auditing standards;
10. Reporting to the Audit Committee at the required intervals on the progress of the annual audit work plan, planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work or any other ad hoc activity;
11. Advising management and ensure their involvement in implementing audit recommendations;
12. Evaluating and reporting to the management and the audit committee on the quality and adequacy of the internal control system of EPRA;
13. Examining and evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness and reliability of EPRA systems;
14. Overseeing and providing quality control of the audit activities to ensure that the audit objectives are met and that the audit professional standards are maintained at all times;
15. Coordinating and conducting audits (where necessary) and hold all entry and exit audit meetings/sessions of each audit assignment with the auditees;
16. Coordinating audit efforts with the external auditors to avoid duplication;
17. Preparing significant audit findings, recommendations and management comments and present to the management and audit committee on a quarterly basis;
18. Designing a follow up mechanism on all audits done to ensure that the agreed audit recommendations are implemented within the given timeframe;
19. Managing the audit team performance through performance planning, coaching, mentoring and appraisals;
20. Managing the training of the audit team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for professional career progression;
21. Nurturing the team spirit among the auditors and implement succession planning in the department;
22. Ensuring development and implementation of audit programmes, work plans and budget for the department; and
23. Efficiently managing the resources allocated to the department.
1. At least twelve (12) years relevant work experience, six (6) years should be in management;
2. A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management (Accounting Option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
3. A Master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
4. Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK); in good standing;
5. A leadership certificate in a management course lasting not less than six (6) weeks (cumulative);
6. Proficient in computer application;
7. Demonstrated results in work performance; and
8. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Job application procedure
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
1. A Signed application letter;
2. A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
3. Copies of academic and professional certificates;
4. Copy of Birth Certificate; and
5. Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications, quoting the reference number, through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA), P.O Box 42681 - 00100, Nairobi.
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.