Director, Internal Audit Re-Advertisement
Jobs at:The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director, Internal Audit Re-Advertisement
JOB REF: ICPAK/01/2023
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Terms of Service:
The successful candidate will be appointed for a four (4) year term and will be eligible for renewal of term upon successful performance appraisal in line with the Institute's HR Policy. A competitive remuneration package will be offered in line with the terms of service for ICPAK Staff.
Reporting to the Council and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder is responsible for the provision of leadership, implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures in the Internal Audit role of the Institute. He/She is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activities which are ultimately designed to add value and improve the Institute's operations. He/she will head the Internal Audit Directorate and shall provide internal audit services conducted to all Directorates, Departments and units of ICPAK.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and coordinate the implementation of the internal audit policies, procedures, tools and systems of the Institute.
• Lead Internal Audit initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
• Lead Internal Audit's annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the Institute.
• Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
• Reviewing, evaluating, and reporting on the adequacy of laid down policies, procedures and controls to improve and add value to the operations of the Institute.
• Establishing and maintaining policies, standards and guidelines specific to the effective discharge of roles and responsibilities of the internal audit function.
• Evaluating and advising the Management and the Council on the adequacy of internal controls and procedures in place. 8. Performing reviews of information systems installations and services to determine the adequacy of logical and physical security controls, operational change control, back up and disaster continuity management ultimately designed to add value and improve the Institute's preparedness and continuity.
• Conducting and supporting financial, operational, and investigative audits.
• Monitoring to ensure all recommendations by external auditors and regulators are implemented.
• Ensuring that the processes needed for the management system are established, implemented, and maintained and follow-up of outstanding audit recommendations.
• Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work per established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
• Oversee Internal Audit's participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that the
• audit's perspective is effectively voiced, and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.gm 14. Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit work.
• Liaison with external parties on matters relating to the internal audit management system.
For appointment as the Director - Internal Audit, a person must possess the following qualifications:
• Be a citizen of Kenya;
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related fields;
• Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and member of ICPAK in good standing;
• Minimum relevant work experience of ten (10) years, five (5) of which should have been at the level of a Senior Manager or a comparable position in a reputable organization in audit, ten (10) or more years experience in auditing or accounting. 6. Must have a Master's degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Audit, Business Administration, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution:
• Must demonstrate experience in supervising multiple streams of work and a department, team or unit of not less than 5 staff;
• Previous work in the internal audit and risk service line of an Audit/Consulting Firm will be an added advantage
• Thorough knowledge of all the subsets of the profession including pertinent emerging issues within the profession and other related areas;
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience on key integrity and governance issues affecting the nation:
• Leadership, Governance or Management Training lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution attained within the last two (2) years.
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Director-Internal Audit;
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards;
• Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices;
• Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and laws;
• Planning and Time Management;
• Effective Communication and Human Relations skills;
• Critical Thinking and Analysis;
• Technology Proficient (excel, word, Visio, ability to learn new software)
• Proven high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness and good temperament;
• Possess excellent leadership skills;
•Ability to work under pressure;
• Strategic thinker:
•Ability to effectively multitask and handle multiple concurrent assignments and teams;
• Effective delegation skills;
• Be self-driven, a team player and a mentor/coach;
• Possession of stakeholder and relationship management skills; and
•Ability to cultivate partnerships and collaborations.
Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on successful recruitment which will include:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
• Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before the close of business on Friday 10th February, 2023.
ICPAK is an equal-opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.