Director, Internal Audit
Jobs at:National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
Deadline of this Job:
26 April 2023
Date Posted: Monday, April 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Functionally reporting to the Board of Management and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will develop and provide strategic internal control policies and systems in the Fund.
• Develop internal audit strategies, policies, systems and procedures;
• Coordinate programmed and ad hoc audits of operations and activities of the Fund to monitor and evaluate use of the resources;
• Coordinate any required forensic audit.
• Develop and execute a risk-based Internal Audit Plan
• Assess the operational effectiveness of the design and functioning of controls and processes
• Advise the Fund on best practice regarding the internal controls, systems and governance processes;
• Formulate actionable and value-added recommendations and monitor progress of implementation of action plans;
• Design, develop and update internal audit work plans, audit programmes and audit manual.
• Ascertain the reliability of management data developed within the Fund;
• Facilitate the periodic review of internal control systems to ensure their adequacy to prevent errors and irregularities;
• Evaluate measures put in place by management to ensure that the Fund’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses of all kind;
• Monitor and appraise performance of Internal Audit staff in line with quality standards and work processes to ensure the achievement of the departmental objectives and recommend operating improvements;
• Review the risk management process and its implementation across NHIF to embed a proactive approach in identification of risks.
• Monitor implementation of all policies and procedures to ensure that all decisions made adhere to regulations and set standards;
• Liaise and work closely with law enforcement agencies mandated to conduct investigations into incidents of fraud and other irregularities
• Ability to promote the value of internal audit among key employees within the organization
• Independent- minded, highly inquisitive individual of high integrity.
• Highly analytical and a critical thinker
• Strong Communication skills, both oral, report writing and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• General IT knowledge
• Keeping abreast with regulatory changes and industry standards.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
• At least fifteen (15) years’ work experience five (5) of which should be in Senior management;
• Have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or a relevant field from a recognized university;
• Have a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or a relevant field from a recognized institution;
• Have passed Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent qualification;
• Be a registered member of ICPAK in good standing and OR CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) OR Be a Member of the IIA/ISACA in good standing;
• Leadership and Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Be proficient in computer application skills;
• Have demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit soft copy applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, national identification cards and any other relevant supporting documents (as pdf attachments) to email address Topmanagementrecruit@nhif.or.ke and hard copy applications clearly marked with the reference of the position applied for should be dropped in a box located on 10th floor, NHIF Headquarters not later than 26th April,2023.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors
National Health Insurance Fund
P.O. Box 30443-00100
Shortlisted candidates must submit certificates of compliance from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), the Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC), the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.