Director, Test Development
Jobs at:Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB)
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ref: HRM/DTD/2/2 023
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the holder of the above position will be responsible for:
• Coordinating recruitment of examination setters in liason with the Human Resource Division
• Facilitating the training of setters on examination standards.
• Coordinating the development of Tables of Specifications for all test papers.
• Developing and moderating examinations that are aligned with the syllabuses and other standards.
• Preparing pilot papers after the major review of syllabuses.
• Coordinating analysis of performance in examinations and prepare feedback reports.
• Supervising and mentoring all officers in the Directorate.
• Appraising the performance of all staff in the Directorate.
• Implementing quality management systems for continual improvement.
• Analyzing recommendations of examiners for continual improvement of examination papers.
• Ensuring the security and integrity of examinations and overall Risk Management.
• Undertaking any other duties as will be assigned by the Secretary/Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Education, Law or any other related course relevant to the examinations of kasneb, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Education, Law or any other related course relevant to the examinations of kasneb, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Membership to any of the following recognized professional bodies: ICPAK, ICS, ICIFA, LSK or any other equivalent or relevant recognized professional body relevant to the examinations of kasneb.
• At least twelve (12) years' relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management role;
• Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution. This will be subject to submission upon offer of job for the successful candidate.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Analytical and modelling skills.
• Strong situational analysis capability.
• Attention to detail and critical thinking.
• Innovative skills. Excellent negotiation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during the interviews.
• The Job descriptions and specifications are available on the kasneb website (www.kasneb.or.ke).
• Successful candidates (that is, those who have been appointed to the advertised positions) will be required to provide the following documents before the award of offer in compliance to Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010:
o Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
o Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
o Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
o Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
o Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link and attach the application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of transcripts, academic and professional certificates, national Identity card, testimonials, names and
Addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 15 March 2023. The application letter should indicate the “JOB TITLE AND REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 41362 – 00100
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.