Director Accounting Services
Jobs at:Turkana County Government
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REF: TUR/CPSB/038/2022/2023; DIRECTOR ACCOUNTING SERVICES, JOB GROUP “R”, POSITION: ONE (1).
• The Director Accounting Services will be responsible to the County Chief Officer in interpretation and implementation of the Public Finance Management Act, 2012, regulations, rules and any other related laws that are in place and which may be enacted to guide the accounting services function in the county.
Duties and responsibilities
• Planning, organizing, coordinating and administration of all accounting activities within the accounting unit;
• Provision of advisory services to the accounting officer and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in the counting unit;
• Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• Developing supplementary financial regulation and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
• Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports;
• Ensuring conformity to the law;
• Participating fully in departmental committee especially tender, planning, audit, training etc;
• Maintain an inventory on all bank accounts in the accounting unit and their approved signatories;
• Ensuring safe custody of government assets and records, and
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement for appointment
For appointment in this grade, a candidate must have: -
• Served in the grade of Deputy Director of Accounting Services or a minimum period of three (3) years or in any comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Public Sector;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline: Economics, Commerce, (Accounting or Finance Option), Business Administration/Business Management (Accounting or Finance Option), Finance, Accounting or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master’s Degree in any of the following discipline: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce or in any other related qualification from a recognized institution will be added advantage;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) in good standing;
• Attended Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution in Kenya;
• Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution; and
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding for national goals, policies, objectives and the ability to relate them to the budgeting function.
• Terms of Service: Local Contract (3 Years)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Written applications, CV’s copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
Delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawoitorong road opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale –Lodwar highway so as to reach the undersigned on or before Friday 7th July, 2023 by 5.00pm (East African Time).
Important information to all candidates;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Note that it is a criminal offense to submit fake/forged documents
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.