Director Budget And Economic Planning
Jobs at:Taita Taveta County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancies In The Department Of Finance And Economic Planning
1. Ref No. CPSB/TTC/065/2022
Position: Director Budget And Economic Planning JOB GROUP CPSB 03
Number of Posts: One (1) Post
Terms of Service: Four (4) Years Contract
Basic Salary Scale: As provided for by the Salaries and Remunerations Commission
Duties and responsibilities
The officer will be Head of County Budgeting and Economic Planning function unit and will be responsible to the County Chief Officer Finance & Economic Planning for the efficient management of Budget & Economic Planning functions in the County. Specific duties and responsibilities shall be:
1. Consolidating and prioritizing of areas for allocation of County Financial Resources;
2. Identifying programmes at the county and consolidating programmes at the sub county and ward level for inclusion in the Programme Based Budget;
3. Issuing guidelines of the budget process to be followed by all County offices;
4. Coordinate in preparation of County Planning & Budgeting documents (CADP, CBROP, CFSP, PBBs etc.);
5. Publishing and publicizing all budgetary and planning documents;
6. Preparing and submitting the relevant draft bills to the County Assembly;
7. Ensure meaningful engagement of citizens in planning and budgetary process;
8. Undertaking capacity building of the staff at the county level;
9. Ensuring that County Development Plans are aligned to National economic policies;
10. Develop a framework for Monitoring and Evaluation of County Projects & Programmes;
11. Dealing with county assembly enquiries and issues pertaining to Budget and Economic Planning matters;
12. Advising the County Departments on budget management; and,
13. Analyze the risks involved in new and existing budget policies.
Requirements for Appointment:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen
2. Be a holder of Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or in any relevant equivalent.
3. Master's degree with a bias in Accounting, Finance or Economics will be an added advantage.
4. Possession of CPA (K) or its recognized equivalent will be an added advantage
5. Relevant work experience of not less than five (5) years in senior management position.
6. Have a very good Microsoft Excel and analytical skills.
7. Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed and delivered to:
The Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board
Private Bag VOI
Hand delivered at the at the County Public Service Board offices in Voi; located opposite Dan Mwanzo Hall, along the Moi County Referral Hospital and River Jordan Medical Centre.
1. Candidates MUST clearly indicate the position being applied for by quoting the vacancy reference number.
2. Candidates MUST attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
3. The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 13th January 2023.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
5. Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
6. Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.
Warning: Beware of fraudsters! The Taita Taveta County Public Service Board does not charge any fees for purposes of processing applications or facilitating interviews. In case of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.
The Board’s official telephone number remains 0710988455.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.