Director County Treasury (Accounting Services)
Jobs at:Murang’a County
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing and coordinating the Accounting function and advising on all matters relating to expenditure, accounting and reporting in the County Government of Murang’a;
• providing advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the county;
• preparing management and statutory reports including final accounts;
• coordinating the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls
• setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
• overseeing the processing of funding arrangements and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures; and
• authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
• Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the relevant Chief Officer.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a citizen of Kenya;
• Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
• Administration, Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be in possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or other relevant professional body and in good standing;
• Have at least twelve (12) years relevant professional experience in financial management/
• Revenue mobilization, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
Salary Scale: The salary will be in Job Group “R” and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application should reach the County Secretary’s office on or before Wednesday 4th May 2022 clearly indicating the position applied for on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Government
P.O. Box 52 – 10200
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.