Director - Group Accounting, Consolidation & IFRS
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role is within the Finance Department. The purpose and context of the role is: supervision of group and local entities accounting supervision; improving the quality of the Group's consolidated financial reporting; management of the intercompany agreement; coordination of all intragroup flows; coordination of issuance of the consolidated financial statements under IFRS; shall be the internal subject matter expert and consultant on all aspects of group accounting, consolidated financial statements and IFRS; and shall maintain current understanding and knowledge share on all aspects of technical accounting and IFRS current and emerging issues as relates the business and their impact to the business.
• Take ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for the Group and subsidiary companies.
• Ensuring the company complies with all regulatory requirements regarding financial reports.
• taking ownership of the Group's multi-currency consolidation process (including extensive joint venture and M & A accounting) for both monthly internal management and statutiry purposes.
• Working with the country, Finance Directors to prepare quality consolidated reports for the senior management team.
• Review of monthly balance sheet reconcilialtions, including multi-currency intercompany reconciliations.
• Oversight of the accounting for the Group's key headquarters.
• Administer, develop and improvethe accuracy of the COnsolidation Tool alongside training users on best practice use of the system.
• Developing and implementing best pracitce processes and systems across the Group.
• Technical accounting support to operating businesses.
• Key point of contact for our auditors, taking day to day responsibility for the smooth running of the audit process.
• Support on a variety of ad hoc projects as required.
• Global Head of Finance
• Global Head of Growth & Strategic Finance
• Global Director FP & A
• Global Director - Tax
• Country Finance Directors
Decision Making Authority:
• Work is conducted independently, but against a specific work plan with final review by the Global Head of Finance
• The role is a development role, managing the input / output to / from financial reporting systems. Successful candidate should show reactivity and autonomy to perform their assignments.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Graduate from accounting / business / engineering or equivalent.
• Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with a post graduate degree in finance.
• Excellent spreadd sheet skills.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in finance, financial reporting and management in a multi national or international groups or auditing firms at senior leadership / executive level in major industiral companies or experience in FMCG sector w.r.t group accounting, consolidation and IFRS.
• Good working knowledge of management reporting tools.
• Good working knowledge and experience of consolidation software including set up.
• Advance knowledge of business intelligence tools eg. power BI, Tableau etc.
• Strong working knowledge of excel analysis and data modelling skills eg. Power Query, Power Pivot.
• Advance knowledge of data wrangling / cleaning tools - ETL (Extract Transform Load) techniques such as Get and Transform in MS Excel.
• Additional knowledge of MySQL would be an advantage.
• High level of skills in accounting, IFRS and accounting processes.
Competencies & Key Skills:
• Business Acument - Sound understanding of the business requirements.
• Analytical Thinking - Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Effective Decision making - The role requires one to work independently make decisions as to how to approach problems and issues.
• Project Management - Ability to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines is essential.
• Communication Skills - The role involves a lot of communication with different departments in the business. This may alos invlovle discussing confidential and/or contentious issues. Very good interpersonal skills (communicates openly and effectively, friendly and cooperative).
• Team Work and Team Management - Ability to work independently and also to cooperate with the rest of the Finance department as well as the rest of the business. Develops confidence-based relationships with others; flexible and adapts him / herself easily to other cultures. Ability to manage teams.
• People Development Skills - Ability to develop the skill set of the employees.
• Driving for Results - Completion of work within deadlines to meet the demands of the business with enthusiasm and self motivation.
• Customer Orientation - Ability to deliver the requisite information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Out of the box thinking / Innovation - Ability to challenge exisiting processes and purpose solutions to potential issues and / or future developments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.