Director - Group Tax
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role is within the Finance Department. The purpose and context of the role is: Identify and lead the execution of international and foreign tax planning strategies to manage global tax risks and optimize efficiency with respect to international operations and structure; Organize efforts of the international tax mandate related to Kyosk initiatives to ensure a proactive, strategic, and consistent approach to supporting tax impacts and new business initiatives; Collaborate with and support global cross-functional teams in business development, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, and Tax; and Monitor pending or new tax legislation, draft position papers related to legislative and regulatory developments, and support tax policy initiatives.
• Responsible for tax analysis and research related to global tax planning initiatives, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing, and audit activities
• Responsible for managing outside advisors in connection with key strategic projects and tax planning initiatives.
• Ensure all investor/authority reporting deadlines are adhered to and all tax returns are timely filed.
• Build key relationships with colleagues in financial accounting, tax and accounting transaction advisory, equity capital markets, and portfolio management teams to understand the global transactions executed and any other significant operating activity within the portfolio.
• Assist in the determination of proper tax accounting treatment of the various real estate acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, lease transactions executed within the portfolio.
• Assist with establishing appropriate responses to issues raised and specific requests from third party investors and tax authorities
• Global Head of Finance
• Global Head of Growth & Strategic Finance
• Global Director FP & A
• Global Director - Group Accounting , Consolidation & IFRS
• Country Finance Directors
Decision Making Authority:
• Work is conducted independently, but against a specific work plan with final review by the Global Head of Finance
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Graduate from accounting / business / law or equivalent.
• Advanced education in taxation.
• Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ADIT or equivalent).
• Excellent spread sheet skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to translate complext tax matters to management / cross functional partners.
• Reporting and presentation tools eg. word and powerpoint.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in a multi national or international group with regard to tax planning and tax compliance at a senior / executive level.
• High level of research skills in taxation matters across jurisdictions.
• Multiple assignments in major industrial companies or experience in the FMCG sector w.r.t tax matters.
Competencies & Key Skills:
• Business Acument - Sound understanding of the business requirements.
• Analytical Thinking - Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Effective Decision making - The role requires one to work independently make decisions as to how to approach problems and issues.
• Project Management - Ability to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines is essential.
• Communication Skills - The role involves a lot of communication with different departments in the business. This may alos involve discussing confidential and/or contentious issues. Very good interpersonal skills (communicates openly and effectively, friendly and cooperative).
• Team Work and Team Management - Ability to work independently and also to cooperate with the rest of the Finance department as well as the rest of the business. Develops confidence-based relationships with others; flexible and adapts him / herself easily to other cultures. Ability to manage teams.
• People Development Skills - Ability to develop the skill set of the employees.
• Driving for Results - Completion of work within deadlines to meet the demands of the business with enthusiasm and self motivation.
• Customer Orientation - Ability to deliver the requisite information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Out of the box thinking / Innovation - Ability to challenge exisiting processes and purpose solutions to potential issues and / or future developments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.