Director Internal Audit
Jobs at:Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overseeing the development of Annual Audit Plans and assist audit staff to plan, organize, direct and monitor audit operations
• Responsible for efficient and effective organization, co-ordination, control and supervision of all audit or administrative functions in the County.
• Secretary to the Audit Committee
• Develop new initiatives aimed at improving operational efficiencies and assess compliance with county policies, procedures and regulations
• Prepare periodical reports for the county audit committee regarding the reliability of existing internal control systems
• Ensure timely and accurate audits are undertaken and sign off the audit reports
• Prepare annual plans and audit programmes to guide the operations of Audit in the Count
• Prepare and implement strategic objective and carry out independent assessments of development and operational risks to ensure efficient and effective use of county resources
• Analyze the impact of Audit policies and regulations.
• Set and maintain professional Audit standards
• Prepare and implement performance contracts, work plans and appraisal system for the section staff.
• Institute operational accountability and oversee finance and asset management of the audit section.
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any other equivalent qualifications
• Master’s degree in Finance or related field of specialization,
• A member of a professionally recognized institute (ICPAK and IIA) and in good standing
• At least Ten (10) years working experience with three years in Internal audit or related position in Public Service.
• Must have attended a Senior Management Course for at least one Month
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Remuneration and benefits for all the positions advertised will be in line with guidelines issued from time to time by the Salaries Remuneration Commission.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
• Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply, clearly indicating the type of disability
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates who will be contacted will be required to provide copies of relevant documents from underlisted authorities.
• Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Ethics And Anti-Corruption Commission
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Director Of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
Applicants should submit an application letter together with curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and testimonials, as well as national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents. All applications should be made either electronically through the County website: http://www.homabay.go.ke/career , or physically delivered to the Office of The Governor, indicating the position applied for on top of the envelope addressed to:
The Selection panel
Executive Office of the Governor,
Homa Bay County Government,
P.O Box 469-40300, Homa Bay
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.