Director Internal Audit
Jobs at:Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB)
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director Internal Audit
The position is responsible for prescribing and overseeing the formulation of generally accepted Internal Auditing Standards and mainstreaming of best practices for Good Governance, Internal Controls and Risk Management in the Public Sector in line with Section 194 of the PFM Act (2012) and its Regulations.
The applicant must demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications:
• Have served in a Financial, Accounting, Banking or Audit Function in a reputable organization for a minimum period of twelve (12) years five (5) years of which should be at a Senior Management Position
• Master’s Degree in in the following Disciplines:- Finance, Accounting, Auditing or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
• Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting/Auditing option) Economics or its equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
• Certified Internal Auditor
• Certification in Risk Management
• Holder of CPA (K), ACCA, CIFA or any other relevant qualification
• Full member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in good standing
• Full member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK)
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Be of proven integrity, transparency and accountability;
• Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrate administrative and professional competence in Auditing work; and
• Have thorough understanding of the organizational goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to audit work
• Spearhead formulation, development and review Internal Audit Standards directorate’s strategies, policies and procedures that are in line with constitutional values and principles.
• Review laws, regulations and policies relating to Internal Audit, Audit Committees and Risk Management and advise the Government on relevant changes.
• Advise public sector entities on professional competency framework of Internal Auditors and Risk Management officers in the Public Sector.
• Oversee the process of setting Internal Audit Standards and procedures that comply with the PFM Act (2012)
• Collaborate with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors, the Institute of Internal Auditors (Kenya) IAGD of the National Treasury on development of International Professional Practice Framework for internal auditors.
• Collaborate with the International Standards Organization and local risk management professional bodies on development of Risk Management Guidelines.
• Benchmark with International Standards Setting Bodies and other Countries on best practices and emerging issues in Risk Management, Internal Controls and Good Governance and advise the Board.
• Oversee the development and review of internal audit guidelines, audit manuals and templates to guide public sector entities in implementing the internal audit standards.
• Advise Public Sector Entities on acquisition and use of suitable Governance, Risks and Compliance systems, audit management software and data analysis tools.
• Oversee quality assurance reviews to monitor implementation of prescribed standards and guidelines.
• Supervise the development of Internal Audit methodologies to assist internal auditors in conducting Value for Money, Forensic, compliance, financial, process audits among others.
• Coordinate the development and review risk management guidelines for all public sector entities.
• Advise public sector entities in the development of entity specific risk management frameworks.
• Guide public entities in the implementation of the prescribed corporate governance and internal control frameworks.
• Advise stakeholders on terms of service, structure and positioning of internal auditors, risk management officers and audit committee members.
• Oversee development and review of audit work programme manual that comply with PFM Act (2012).
• Coordinate publishing and publicizing of the prescribed Standards, Guidelines, Manuals and Templates for all public sector entities.
• Oversee the process of monitoring implementation of prescribed guidelines, manuals, and templates for all public sector entities and provide recommendations to address any identified gaps.
• Lead in research to inform setting of Internal Audit Standards, internal control frameworks, risk management frameworks and Corporate Governance practices.
• Advise on gazettement and the effective dates of implementation of standards, frameworks & guidelines.
• Coordinate and participate in the development of training and capacity building strategy on internal audit, risk management and good governance
• Establish partnerships and collaborations with stakeholders to enhance service delivery in implementation of the Internal Audit Standards, Governance and Risk Management across the Public Sector.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Job application procedure
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria, please email your C.V, copies of academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents to the address to firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly indicate the reference number on the subject of the email. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit clearance/compliance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC, CRB & KRA in their applications which should be received not later than 20th July, 2022 at 5.00pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.