Director Internal Audit
Jobs at:Vihiga County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director Internal Audit
Duties and responsibilities
• Head the day- to-day activities of the internal audit directorate of the County Government;
• Co-ordinate the implementation of the Internal Control Framework to streamline Internal Control Framework to streamline Internal Control and Risk Management systems in the County Government;
• Review the internal control framework and consistently ensure its compliance;
• Co-ordinate and facilitate the development and implementation of the formal Risk Management Framework;
• Co-ordinate departmental audits, document audit procedures, developing criteria, review and analyze evidence and document processes and procedures;
• Identify, develop and document audit issues and recommendations;
• Co-ordinate and liase with external auditors to ensure external audits and financial reporting processes are efficient and effective;
• Conduct appropriate governance and performance assessment exercises so as to streamline the County’s performance and governance processes;
• Lead in the development of the County Audit Charter and Annual Work plan;
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Have excellent report writing skills;
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Have a practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation, CAATs and various Microsoft office applications;
• Be a team player and strategic thinker;
• Have sound leadership and management skills;
• Be self – driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
• Served for cumulative ten (10) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Principal Internal Auditor,
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business
• Management, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant field;
• Must be in possession of CPA(K)/ACCA and registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and the Institute of Internal Auditors Kenya (IAA-K) in good standing;
• A certified Senior Management Course from a recognizes institution will be an added advantage;
• Must have a relevant Master’s Degree;
• Well conversant with Public Financial Management Laws and Regulations;
• Must satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 30th day of November, 2022. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.